All teen and kid member reviews for Folie a Deux

Teen, 13 years old Written by_X_Scene_X_Girl_X_ June 30, 2011

-_________________-

People who write these reviews need to calm the f*** down. Seriously. They're listing "stupid" and "jesus" as swear words. This album is f****** amazing, and ill be damned if im too "young" to listen to it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byxaltrockgirlx September 11, 2011

As the band grows up, so does the audience

This is probably their poppiest album to date. Don't get me wrong; their good stuff on here is really good ("Headfirst Slide into Cooperstown on a Bad Bet", "I Don't Care", "27"), but I found myself skipping more songs than usual on this album (though in the end, I came around to liking a lot of the others, like "Tiffany Blews", "The Disloyal Order of the Water Buffaloes", and "20 Dollar Nose Bleed"). That may just be the fact they only worked on this album for a year while their other albums had two years, and also it is clear Patrick Stump got more of a say on this record, being as he is more pop-influenced, led to a totally different sound one would have expected five years earlier from Take This to Your Grave. Now, content that may concern parents. There is stronger language for their latest album, most notably in the song "27" ("if home is where the heart is/then we're all just f***ed is sung twice). As per usual FOB album, sex is referenced in a lot of their songs, but not as many as say, From Under the Cork Tree or Infinity on High. There were way more drug references than the CSM reviewer mentioned, like "doing lines of dust and sweat off of last night's stage", but they're still all metaphorical. Still a good album, just more mature.
Teen, 15 years old Written bylalaland462 May 28, 2009

I love fall out boy! I was in love with them since forever really.This CD really has mixed messages, but its like a therapy session for me because Patrick's voice is amazing. I don't mind the fact that not every one likes them and if they hate them then that's their problem. If you have the time defiantly check them out
Teen, 14 years old Written bykojimoto June 1, 2012

Yawn

A few songs are pretty darn catchy, but aside from that, the album is boring. 27 uses the F word twice, and another one uses GD a few times. A few sexual situations show up on a few songs but nothing explicit. Overall just go stream it, it's not worth THAT much time.
Teen, 13 years old Written bythelight98 December 2, 2011

love it

this is their best album, i especially love "West Coast Smoker".
Teen, 16 years old Written bymarhardin October 25, 2010

Teen, 13 years old Written bymusicaddict4444 April 29, 2010
Teen, 13 years old Written bydeathnotegirl November 28, 2009

Not as great previous CDs, but still worth a listen

Fall Out Boy kind of missed the mark with this album. It doesn't have the same energy the others did. Also, there aren't nearly enough extremely long song titles. Still, there are some good songs on this album.( Disloyal Order of Water Buffaloes, Tiffany Blews, Headfirst Slide into Cooperstown on a Bad Bet)
Teen, 13 years old Written byBMPunk October 5, 2009

Not the Best but Still Awesome

Fall Out Boy is one of my favorite bands and this album did not disappoint. Although it had some tracks that sent wrong messages or Expletives ("I Don't Care" and "27", respectively), it had many great songs ("Headfirst Slide into Cooperstown On a Bad Bet", "What a Catch, Donnie"). Overall, great CD.
Kid, 12 years old October 4, 2009

BEWARE of the song 27!!!

I just got this CD recently, and I loved it! It's a perfect blend of alternative and punk music. BUT... in the song 27, they say the "f - bomb" TWO TIMES! That's why I just skip that song. I think that ages twelve and up could listen to it, AS LONG AS THEY SKIP THE TRACK 27!!!
Kid, 12 years old August 10, 2009

Fall out boy is my fave band!

I LOve this cd!!! i want it so bad lol
Teen, 17 years old Written bySlipknotsarah July 10, 2009

well, they like to sing about sex, but overall its a great cd.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAlysonAtTheDisco June 24, 2009

I Love Fall Out Boy!

I love Fall Out Boy!(yes i said it again) There isnt much drug refrence other than 'Shoot the Sunshine into my veins' and 'Doing lines of dust and sweat...' how could you miss that people? well i do have it al memmorized. Other than that its pretty clean, except for 2 swear words in 27
Teen, 14 years old Written byzerealevilcelery May 20, 2009

Dear Adult Contributer who first commented:

Times change. Sometimes music happens that never should've disco??. Sadly enough, falloutboy has gone down hill since From Under the Cork Tree. Infinity on High was decent with several good songs. This one was ok with a few good songs. Limited sex/drugs, music videos for bands that sell out tend to be bad. Music and videos are separate, remember. Just because they hear a song doesn't mean they automatically envision people taking old mens' walkers.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLord of Sushi April 18, 2009

Great Fall Out Boy CD!

This CD is a great addition to your CD collection! Violence: Some. Sex: None. Language: Just 2 uses of the F Word in the song, 27. Drugs/Alchohol/Tobacco: One mention of drugs in 27. Racism: None. A great CD for mature tweens and any teen!
Teen, 13 years old Written byxxtwilightxx March 8, 2009

I LOVE THIS CD!

FOB does it again!! :D
Kid, 11 years old January 31, 2009

AWESOME!!!!

This is the first fall out boy album I ever discovered. Im already a HUGE fan! And I only started listening to them like, a month or two ago.
Kid, 12 years old January 15, 2009

havent heard it yet and i already love it!!!

ok i have OCD over this band. im like a FANATIC for their previous CD, infinity on high! i havent heard this one yet but if i dont go to the music store to buy it in like the next 30 seconds i think im gonna die! i know i shouldnt be reviewing things i havent bought, but i just want to say this: whoever it was that said "make Fall Out Boy go away" i BEG TO DIFFER. if fall out boy ever "goes away" i will like kill myself. seriously. im not trying to disrespect your opinion or anything though, so no offense.
Teen, 14 years old Written byxlyricallies7x January 14, 2009

awesome

its great. but the "one or two expletives" the review mentions are two f words. but the lyrics are amazing, and it features guest stars from lil wayne to brendon urie from panic at the disco to elvis costello.