All parent member reviews for For Your Entertainment

Adult Written byangelunderfire February 11, 2010

Adam Lamberts behavior should have no affect on ones oppinion of his music

In my personal opinion I think it is insane how this country is more open about murder then it is about sex. One other thing is that the whole behavior thing is not an issue for me. If you think his music is good but his behavior is inapropriate then don't go to his concerts. How does someones behavior effect the quality of the music. I just think it is wrong that in our country it is okay to show murder on telivision but if Janet Jacksons breast is exposed or Adam Lambert simulates oral and kisses a guy then its a big deal. I think parents who are enraged by his behavior are ignorant. By the time I was 8 I knew what sex was and I knew what homosexuality was by the time I was 10. I've heard elementary schoolers talk about that sort of thing. I do think there is an appropriate age for everything but sheilding your children from something as natural as sex till they are 16 or older is unrealistic in todays society. If you think you know what your children talk about in school then you are probably wrong. I live in a small town where all the parents think there are no drugs, underage drinking, underage sex, and homosexuality. They are wrong. Everyday at school I here teenagers talking about who or what they did over the weekend. I personaly do not partisipate. I leave with this statement, Just because a person sees something doesn't mean they'll run out and do it.
Adult Written bycommonsensegal September 25, 2013

Adam Lambert is the best!

I love the song Aftermath! I can relate to it.
Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written bymanylayers July 8, 2013

it's all good.

This music can be really fun. Most of the questionable lyrics are indecipherable to kids and you can always skip a track. There is a lot of positive in this album, but mostly, it's just fun danceable music.
Adult Written bySlytherin Student July 31, 2012

Don't judge someone, unless you intend on being judged

Adam Lambert is one of the best singers out there. His voice range is truely amazing, and he is a very stylish punk, whom I love. His songs are great. I like to roll down the windows of my car and blast Adam Lambert songs. His songs are great to dance to. I love the way Adam looks, taking on the whole punk/goth look. It suits him very well. It angers me about how parents go on about "he's so inapropriate" yet they talk about Miley Cyrus, a true sl*t, and say "oh she is just great for my child to watch and listen to!" Blehhh. Let Adam Lambert be who he is. Let him be who he wants to be. You can't control his actions, words, thoughts, or heart. YOU ARE NOT ADAM LAMBERT. Stop trying to change this poor young man. I will always be a fan of Adam, and I will always stand up for him, as well as look down on his offending haters.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byMags_the_Destroyer January 24, 2011

This album brings much needed perspective!

Adam Lambert's music sends a positive message about respect and understanding of those who are different. After reading some of these reviews, it's obvious a little sensitivity might be needed toward sexual identity and gender issues. Certain songs on this album seem aimed at teens struggling with these exact issues ("Aftermath")
Adult Written byObsessed January 11, 2011

@teamjacobgirl2.0 On behalf of the internet, I must inform you to GTFO and take your FAIL with you. He's gay. Get over it. Are people really that close minded?
Parent Written byMommyKnows August 29, 2010

I LOVE Adam Lambert and watched him on American Idol but I don't like some of the lyrics used in some of his songs for little kids. Too many sexual references and right off the bat the cover has Adam wearing make-up which questions his sexuality. I would not recommend for young kids.
Adult Written byadamfan December 10, 2009

Love that Adam Lambert

Our family Loved Adam on AI. While his AMA performance was not the best for my children to watch, every appearance he has made since has been humble, intelligent and perfect. His singing is amazing....the album is great, am loving most of the tracks on it and my girls listen to it over and over again....
Parent of a 8 year old Written bySloppyBunny December 9, 2009

Horrible Performer and Music
Adult Written byChristianmom2 December 4, 2009

I'd say more than a few songs are too sexual, including the title track sung at the AMAs. He insists his performance was nothing more than an acting out of the lyrics. I wouldn't downplay the most explicit display of oral sex ever on network TV. The issue is not the same-sex kiss, it was the oral sex and the pervasive S&M imagery including men on leashes and women being groped. What does that say about this song if these acts were the natural playing out of the lyrics? Yes, there are some decent tracks, but overall, there is pervasive sexual imagery here. I would recommend instead downloading the few better tracks and skipping the album. Whattaya Want from Me is pretty good, as is Soaked. BTW, he's gotten a lot of publicity and sales because 3 performances on ABC were cancelled over this and because of his cries of discrimination against gays that followed. It's better not to bring more attention to this than necessary so he doesn't end up benefitting more in the end from it.
Adult Written byneezrn December 4, 2009

Not for children, should have a warning

I am appalled at Adam's behavior. My 12 year old LOVED him, but when I saw his AMA performance I will never again watch or listen to him again. When I told my daughter how he performed, she doesn't even want his CD any more and neither do her friends. I was hoping for much more from him.
Parent of a 3 and 9 year old Written byrebtibay December 1, 2009

not for kids 18- at all!

Seriously! Did you guys see his ama performance, and you're going to rate this ok for 12+? If that is how lenient you rate things then I will not be a part of this website.