All member reviews for "Gangnam Style" (CD Single)

Korean parody gone viral is fun but too sexy for small kids.

Teen, 13 years old Written byess16 October 6, 2012

funny song

this is a funny song with some sex stuff implied and in the music video it looks like its raining cocaine
Teen, 13 years old Written byskrillexCOD fan September 19, 2012

very random

okay the funniest song n earth but its surprisingly good the sexual content is kinda bad but thats what makes it funny like h umping and all he random korean girls
Kid, 10 years old September 25, 2012

It was really awkward to hear this in gym class...

I really didn't want to hear this song... but I had no choice. Our gym teacher plays music on his stereo and apparently he made a new CD with current songs. We were doing stretches, and he usually plays music whilst we stretch. He sometimes plays slightly questionable songs (according to CSM) like California Gurls. He said something about YouTube. And of course, some boys replied saying "GANGNAM STYLE!". It was really awkward hearing "Hey, sexy layydayy!" (in English) at school, but it wasn't. TOO bad considering the song was almost entirely in... Korean, I think? Besides, I knew I was in deep trouble when my gym teacher started whistling the chorus to "Whistle" by Flo Rida (really gross song). PS: I rated this song a pause for 8 and up because it's almost entirely in another language, and it shouldn't be too bad unless they look up the English lyrics.
Teen, 16 years old Written bycountofcounts October 12, 2012

Gangnam Style

"the lyrics are all about the quest for sex" What? Really, CSM? No... It's a satirical song making fun of Korean lifestyle, such as how drinking coffee makes someone "cool", etc. Yeah, there's a bit of suggestive language, but it's nothing that bad.
Educator Written byunikkorns March 13, 2013

Too sexy is right

I'll admit that it's cute when the kids in my program do the Gangnam Style dance to other songs, but I draw the line when they say "Sexy." That word should not be coming out of the mouth of an elementary-aged kid. As far as the message goes, kids below a certain age cannot understand satire. They take things at face value, so with this song that is a problem since it's referencing sex, opulence, greed, etc and they could take it the wrong way. Until they have the mental capacity to understand parody and satire, this song and video is not for them. The least offensive thing about the fad would be parts of the dance (galloping horse). And it can be danced to pretty much anything. The kids in my program dance Gangnam Style to Nyan Cat.
Teen, 15 years old Written byOwlCityLover December 3, 2012

Terrible song

I really really do not like this song. I don't know why everyone does. It's not even good rap.
Kid, 12 years old April 13, 2014

Common Sense? Use it. Only the video's bad and it's in Korean anyway.

"Hey, sexy lady" is the only English lyrics and I am Epicboy21 reviewing this track. CSM are out of their minds. But one thing's for certain: the video shows Psy pointing one of his fingers up at a man's genitals while under them. Besides, we danced to it at school and MULTIPLE kids have heard this before. However, other than that image, it's TOTALLY fine. A catchy tune that's apparently about sex? A catchy tune I think so, but sex I wouldn't think so. He doesn't use language, he doesn't drunk but this album SELLS. In short: VERY catchy, VERY good, and don't worry about the whiners who think otherwise. Listen to it, and thankyou for reading.
Kid, 10 years old September 3, 2013

Better than "Gentleman", this is a global phenomenon!

Originally from South Korea, Gangnam Style has gone viral when it was released. Sometimes in some schools, the Kidz Bop version is popular too. Although, parents need to know that Psy said "sexy lady" during some lines during the song.
Teen, 13 years old Written byUseursense August 16, 2013

WORST SONG EVER!!!!!

This song is just horrible! I know the words r in Korean, and the only bad thing you can understand is "hey sexy lady" but translated to English, it is indeed, an adults song. The video is inappropriate, and so is the song! I think the artist was a little koo koo in the brain, and it should not be that popular among the kids! DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES LET UR CHILD LISTEN TO THIS SONG!!!!
Parent of a 7 and 15 year old Written byParentReviewz January 23, 2013

One of the WORST Songs of all time.

If you think this is good music then there must be something wrong with you. WAAAY Over-played and I don't understand why it would be inappropriate since most kids who listen to this song won't understand the lyrics so why even bother. If you let your kid listen to this song, fine. Just don't let them play it out loud or you'll be sorry.
Parent Written bytreat02 January 12, 2013

Funny, but the music video is what the fuss is about

Well, other than "sexy lady" the SONG isn't bad. If you have a younger kid, (8 or 9) it's okay as long as they don't see the music video. The music video is very funny (in my opinion) but isn't for kids. I think this is why CSM is saying it's not as appropriate. Plus, everything is in Korean. (Except for some little parts in English). The lyrics in Korean aren't very bad, to tell the truth. I think 8+ can probably LISTEN to this song, but just not see the video for it. :D
Parent of a 11 year old Written bygalaxyop December 27, 2012

Good Song, Pretty Clean

Great song! Has the word "sexy" in it but no swear words. Very catchy, I'd let anyone 8+ listen to it and anyone 12+ watch the music video (which is kinda iffy).
Teen, 13 years old Written byEverything'sAmazing November 19, 2012

It's embarrassing when your eight year old brother starts singing this randomly. . .

Unless your child understands the lyrics to this song and what they imply I don't think this song should be played or shown to your child. The sex references are unavoidable and the video is less than suitable for younger children
Kid, 10 years old November 19, 2012

bad

i dont like gangnam style it is for 14 and up i know it is world famous but i dont like it
Teen, 14 years old Written bygabemtz14 January 23, 2016
i hate this song and its not for kids:(
Teen, 14 years old Written byIsaac T October 25, 2015

Catchy tune mixes Korean lyrics and an overly energetic singer.

While this video is catchy, the suggestive lyrics are in Korean, making it even easier for kids to ignore. In the video Py dancs in several places and finally finds love with a girl named Hyuna.
Kid, 11 years old February 28, 2015

Annoying but fun song

Gangnam Style is annoying but still a fun dance track.
Kid, 9 years old May 2, 2014

Kids Always Watch This!

Well they used to watch it... anyways the song isn't bad why would you wait 'til you're 12 to listen to it?
Teen, 15 years old Written byEmily999162 April 21, 2014

Not Surprising to Hear in This Culture

Okay, why sing a song about trying to find the perfect girl when there's no such thing as a 'perfect girl'? Guys, when you have a girlfriend, there's things about her you're not gonna like, but you learn to deal with it. There's no such thing as a perfect person other then the One who created us, which hearing this song isn't anything new to this culture. There's already to much bad in the world today. This type of music just makes it worse. The music video is horrible too. PSY surrounds himself with all these women doing inappropriate moves. No one should be listening to what the world is telling us.
Parent Written byBabiesAreYum March 15, 2014