All member reviews for Get Away from Me

A little unfocused but very original.

(1 review)
Teen, 13 years old Written byNetflixAddict October 18, 2011

One of a kind vocalpop-Older teens and adults.

Quality: 5 stars earned defiently! (however it may only appeal to adults), Nellie McKay's mixed debut is awesome-I wish I could rewind back to 2005 and award this album for being so awesome! Check out some of her songs on YouTube now! Iffy material: Violence: Many references to violent acts (very few are graphic), but nowhere near constant (i.e. "Have a pill or suicide", "If you don't I'll slit your throat", etc.) Also, "Ding Dong" frequently mentions a cat's death (but I don't know if it really happened.) Language: Profanity earned this album a PA, but it is not very much, and only appears in 5 of the 18 songs. Sexual content: "It's a Pose" contains a lot of suggestive lyrics, but nothing graphic. Consumerism: Nellie's music sometimes shows up in an episode of Grey's Anatomy, P.S. I Love you, etc. Substances: A few references to drinking, but no irresponsible behaviors Role Models: All I know is that the back cover says that Nellie is a member of an animal-protection foundation. I know nothing else.