All member reviews for "Get Lucky (feat. Pharrell)" (CD Single)

Irresistible club hit gets party going without being graphic

Teen, 16 years old Written byAlreadyTaken May 30, 2013

Slightly Suggestive but Fine

There's no actual explicit content in this song, although the lyrics can be interpreted suggestively. Main thing is, it could easily be played on the radio without any editing except censoring the length. The song should be fine for pretty much anyone.
Kid, 10 years old May 10, 2013

THE RETURN OF DAFT PUNK!!!!

WOOOO I LOVE LOVE LOVE DAFT PUNK!!! I also love skrillex and deadmau5, but this is different. Love Daft Punk, awesome song.
Teen, 14 years old Written byOpti101 July 31, 2014

Catchy ass hell.

Gets any party going!
Teen, 16 years old Written byrebma97 January 29, 2014

Catchy song with double entendres

This is a really catchy song. It's the kind of song you listen to when you want something fun and upbeat to dance to. As CSM mentioned, the line, "We're up all night to some" and "We're up all night to get lucky" could be an innuendo, and it's about partying all night. However, it feels more like carefree fun than the typical nighter with hangovers, probably because they don't really mention partying. Actually, it was so subtle that I didn't even realize that it held that interpretation.
Teen, 15 years old Written bypowerson October 28, 2013

Good, nothing much dirty

Just a bit of innuendo, and drinking, but not much. A brilliant catchy song though.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymunoru July 22, 2013

Good

Very clean.
Adult Written byabbacus July 7, 2013

Okay song.

This song is okay. I'd give it 3 and a half stars out of 5. It's a little sexual but okay for mature tweens.
Kid, 10 years old June 4, 2013

21st century pop blasts Daft Punk with another hurricane of awesomeness

"Get Lucky" is a midtempo dance beat featuring Pharell Williams, who, surprisingly does not spice the song up with profanity. The song is mostly about waiting for the pleasure of sexual intercourse, stating that the singer is "Up all night to get some", and the partner is "Up all night for good fun", and that the singer is wanting an orgasm, as he is "Up all night to get lucky". Daft Punk's original house music style adds another twist to this 80's-ish hit. I recommend that older kids such as tweens and teens listen to the song. More basically, anybody who has already taken sex ed can listen to the song safely. The song also carries a theme of just having fun, and so the actual message of the song is a little mixed up.
Parent Written byvnbc May 18, 2013

Common Sense has this reveiw wrong!

I can't believe they would let this song be for 12 year olds?! Have you listened to the chorus?! It is about getting laid all night long?! Anybody else have a problem with there tweens listening to it? They may say it is not a sexual reference, but who else uses the term "Get Lucky" in any other situation.
Kid, 10 years old May 13, 2013

Get Lucky, there's nothing iffy!

This is a catchy song! There really isn't anything iffy about it. It's really fun to listen to and dance to with the funky sounds. The name Daft Punk would sound iffy but there's really nothing bad about this fun song!