All member reviews for Greatest Hits

Kid, 12 years old December 26, 2014

The one of the best punk albums

This greatest hits album is very clean, if you can get the edited version. The edited version can be purchased at Amazon or Barnes and Nobel .com. The language ,even on the explicit version, does not go higher than the F word. ''Adam's Song'' and ''Stay Together for the Kids'' are the most violent songs here. ''Adam's Song'' is an anti- suicide song, while ''Stay Together for the Kids'' tells a story about divorce. There is not too much in the way of violence or Drinking use, which brings me to my next point: There is no drug content, but only Very mild drinking and smoking content. However, kids know that this is bad and just because it says '' Getting drunk'' in the song ''The Rock Show'' it doesn't say weather it is good or bad. It just says it happens, and it addresses a real life problem. The sexual content is no worse than what your kids watch on YouTube. It is not innuendo, but it is not explicit. Parents, this cd can start a lot of talking about drinking and sex, but in a good way. For example, listen to the song ''Feeling This'' on this cd. It has some mild sexual content. After listening to that song with your child, talk about the topics. All in all, this cd is crazy fun.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCWG1 October 13, 2014

If you like Blink 182, well then here's the album of some of there best songs

I personally am a huge fan of Blink 182, and any kid that is interested in listening to them should be allowed too. Sure within this album there is a couple of uses of "F---" but seriously if you are worried about a little language then you should lighten up. There is nothing to violent in this album except one of the songs is about implied suicide, I mean sure there are some sexual references, but seriously this is pretty clean!
Teen, 14 years old Written byxcubsfanx77 March 13, 2011

good for teens and older

blink 182 is a good band. they swear a little bit, and not as much as other bands. though, in concert they swear alot. this album is good for teenagers and up.
Kid, 12 years old March 8, 2011

Very good , but tacky

There are a few brief sexual references , but they are somewhat explicit . Some F Bombs are dropped . Adam's Song is about suicide .
Teen, 13 years old Written byilooovememyfigh... June 16, 2010

Great album all age apropriate

Incredible music, not my favorite album by them, but blink 182 is great.I started listining to them when i was around eight or nine, and never really had a problem with thier scattered f-words. okay for kids.
Teen, 15 years old Written byEvan182 January 20, 2010

Blink 182

There is a clean version available. Some of the songs on the album do have some suicide references as well as swearing and sexual content. This is still a great album.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjoshandy October 21, 2009

Best CD since American Idiot

This is a great cd! I love just about every song. It does have some sexual lyrics (example: we started making out, then she took off my pants, and then I turned on the TV ("What's my age again")) and some language (examples: F**k it, its just a blure. And: Did you hear, he f**ked her(Feeling this and Dammit)) And the bass player was kicked out of school because of something.
Teen, 14 years old Written bygladiator2412 September 16, 2009

Blink 182 is back

blink 182 has been my favorite band since I was 8, i have never gotten tired of their music. this isn't my favorite album, not because of the swears, which you really don't care about nor listen to that much, but because some of these songs aren't as good as their other, less popular songs, such as the ones on take off your pants and jacket, i would reccomend that over the greatest hits album. the best song on this album is defitely man overboard.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybradley4846 July 20, 2009

Pretty Good

Some swearing (f-word, and a few minor words). It is more clean the music out today.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJorde April 9, 2008

Awsome!!!!!!

The record is just flatout good, sure they use a couple of swear words hear and there but I sure hope kids don't listen to it for that reason. I really never get tired of listening to this album. If you like Good Charlotte, Bowling For Soup, or Simple Plan you will love this CD. Blink 182 is good stuff!!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written bybabygurl#1 April 9, 2008

i luv blink182 the rox

well i think we all have our own appoion ok layter luv nicole
Teen, 15 years old Written bydoomcycle1 April 9, 2008

goood

a great example of good music
Teen, 14 years old Written byiheartethanz April 9, 2008

Might be iffy... but I just can't get enough of the sound...

Blink 182's Greatest Hits album might be pretty iffy but the reason why I gave it an 'on' was because if you get the edited version you don't have to worry about the swearing or the sex talk... its purely the sound of the music and how it just makes you want to rock out.

cracking

amazing hits by the band
Teen, 17 years old Written byacmilan629 April 9, 2008

A glance at a great band

I'm a hardcore fan of Blink-182, liking them when they came out with Enema of the State (then getting the earlier Dude Ranch, Cheshire Cat, and Buddha and then the later stuff), the Greatest Hits came out because they went on an "indefinite hiatus" but moreover, broke up with a low chance of getting back together with all of them working on seperate projects, Plus-44 and Angels & Airwaves (AVA). This is a complete quick glance at what they have to offer. A better version is the iTunes blink-182 essentials which gives a broader look at the bands intricate workings. Listening through this album from track 1 to track 16 (track 17 just a bonus track really used for "Meet the Barkers" theme song) shows how much the band has matured through the years, not only lyrically, but musically as well. Carousel is all about how college isn't as glamorous as most kids think with all the partys and such. M&M's is a love song about wanting someone. Dammit, all about friends and girls, and growing up. Josie, a tribute to a girlfriend. What's My Age Again, never growing up and being a kid forever, puts down sex "We started making out and she took off my pants But then I turned on the TV". All the Small Things, a tribute to another girlfriend (different one). Adam's Song, originally named something else, is about a kid thinking of suicide, but then in the end, he doesn't, and the song is anti-suicide completly. Very powerful and written in minor for a darker sound. Man Overboard, is commonly acknowledged as a song about their original drummer and how he left. The Rock Show, all about a girl. First Date, all about a guy's feelings before a first date and wanting it to never end. Stay Together for the Kids is all about Tom's feelings when his parents split up, he has said he put all his feelings from that day in the song. A very powerful song written in minor giving it a darker sound. Feeling This, what any teenaged guy thinks about whether their parents like it or not. Though sex is what the verses are, the chorus and bridge are more about relationships. It gives an equal amount to both parts of a teenaged boy's mind, myself included. I Miss You is kind of dark but sounds really good, and is a little creepy for some people, "Webs from all the spiders Catching things and eating their insides" but is what the title says, missing someone. Down is all about a girl and how a guy feels. Always, is a pure love song from the heart and is well written. Not Now is I think about someone dying and that person is reaching out towards a God-like figure, or about someone regretting what they did and needing help. Another Girl, Another Planet is a love song written a little differently.
Teen, 17 years old Written byxposrrusiakenzx April 9, 2008

sadly, they broke up

Blink 182 is a great band, which usually means great album, especially in this case. Considering they were one of the first pop-punk, which is an oxymoron, they're talented with catchy songs. The cd is worth buying.
Teen, 14 years old Written bywookiepie93 April 9, 2008

really good

Blink-182 is really good. the only thing that bothers me is that Adam's Song seems to be about suicide. Its really sad.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEragonfan April 9, 2008

Blink 182- an all around good band

A great band, almost all of there songs are hits. There music does have some bad language and sexual content, so I would keep it away from 12 and under. Yes, this band did break up, but all three members are playing in different bands: +44 (Travis Barker, Mark Hoppus) and Angels and Airwaves (Tom Delonge) both of which are great bands.
Teen, 16 years old Written byPoogus311 April 9, 2008

Terrible

Unless you like to listen to blink 182 stay away from the album (but that's common sense isn't it?).
Teen, 14 years old Written bypinklady80lately April 9, 2008

one of the best bands EVER

these guys really do take me back to my tweeny yrs! i still listen 2 them today and now that im older i really connect 2 the songs more. yes, there is some stuff the is questionable, but its not too bad! some ppl may think the the song, adam's song, doesnt set a good example, but it actually does! i can relate 2 this song in soooo many ways! when u first hear it, u think, oh, this is a song about killing yourself, but its actually about one guy that actually saves his own life! if u listen to the last chorus, the narrator changes the lyrics that pretty much says, there is still hope and i need to keep living for the better days to come! that song did wonders for me and even though my mom would have a fit, me and my friend adore this song b/c its saved lives. all of the other songs r amazing also! this band just puts u in a good place!!! :)