All teen and kid member reviews for Guero

Kid, 10 years old November 14, 2010

Very nice poetry.

However, I like "E-Pro", which describes frank violence and drinking: "Shoot your mouth if you know where you're aiming" and "Heaven's drunk from the poison you see" are as bad as it gets. The worst track is "H**l Yes", in which "h**l" and "d**n" are repeated. Also, it depends on how you think of "Guero", which is slang for "white boy". After all, it's some catchy poetry.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNetGhost April 9, 2008

One of Beck's less imaginative albums, but still top-notch

Guero, which is Spanish slang for "white boy", feels more like a compilation of all Beck Hansen's different albums, a "Greatest Hits" per se. It's still a good album, and there is a lot of innovation. The headline to this review might be a little misleading, because see, all of Beck's albums are VERY imaginative with loads of musical styles thrown in there. The only reason this album isn't as imaginative, is because of the "Greatest Hits" feeling. As for the content, I wouldn't say that the violence is really a problem. There are a lot of things that are pretty subtle, such as in the song "Girl" he wants to take the girl, "where her soul belongs". And one major thing that is not mentioned in the review is the song "Rental Car" which is presumably talking about a prostitute. From "Rental Car": "She's taking me far, as far as a rental car can go" and "Hey now girl, at the end of the road, down where the reaper is walking alone, singing a death knell, clapping along, at the end of the night, that's the road we'll be on". Though these lyrics are substantial in what they underlying message is, these won't usually be picked up by a younger audience, and even if it is, the way the song is sung it's not in a way that glorifies the subject. What I say: get the album.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhithere April 9, 2008

For when you want weirdo lyrics to awesome music

This is a fun CD! I still can't say Beck is my favorite artist but you can rarely say that when you only listen to one of an artist's albums. My favorite track is "E-Pro" (whoever you are, I guarantee you will love it) and "Girl" comes in a close second. I just gotta say though that CSM made a mistake when they said the the language is "all clear". There is a song called "Hell Yes" that repeats that line a lot and uses the d word once. It didn't bother me (that song is kinda catchy after you listen to it a few times) but it could bother some other people, so I'm just pointing that out. Oh well, that doesn't relate to the CD. Try out Guero and you'll probably like it too! NA NA NA NA NA NA NAAA....
Teen, 14 years old Written bychocolatecake123 June 11, 2016

another masterpiece

another masterpiece from beck. he has improved my life for the better and increased my appreciation of music!!
Teen, 16 years old Written bymiles_for_prez April 9, 2008

Third Best Of Beck's Albums

This is a very awesome album. Catchy single, creative lyrics and well produced. This is the thrid best Beck album to Odelay (first) and Mellow Gold (second). Please, do your self a favor and buy this album.
Teen, 16 years old Written bysmokeydiablo April 9, 2008