Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Hail to the Thief

Intense songs for teens to ponder; not for kids.

Parent of a 4 year old Written byasdasfasd February 1, 2013

Amazing album with deep lyrics

Needs to be heard by everyone, anyways how is this bad you sh-theads screw this site kids in other countries are in wars and scary sh-t idiots you guys are wusses

Parent of a 16 year old Written byrusup88 April 9, 2008

Definitely for more mature kids out there

I think it would be more beneficial for older kids to listen to this album, because its themes are often dark and ambiguous. However, that's not to say that vocalist Thom Yorke's vocals don't ring with a beautiful sense of urgency, bringing the lyrics to the forefront, or that the record is full of these dense atmospheric sounds that draw you in and hypnotize. I still find all these new intricate details every once in a while, and I've owned it for 5 years now. Definitely something worth sitting down with your kids and listening to. Tip: To get the most out of the sounds of the album, listen to it with headphones :)
Adult Written byForknose April 9, 2008

I Just Didn't Like It

As my title said. I just didn't like it. It wasn't a very interesting or good album.
Adult Written bytheemeraldgolem/ August 1, 2015

Alternative.

The best if you are bored of pop!

Adult Written byAltPunkMetal September 6, 2011

Not Radiohead's best, but still...

It's no OK Computer, but it's still a very enjoyable album in it's own right. The best song is 2+2=5.
Adult Written byRobin4 April 9, 2008

A bit slow and chilling, but not DEPRESSING perse...

It's definitely not their best album, but it doesn't have all the stuff some people think it does. It's not incredibly depressing. It won't hurtle you into a shady, reclusive stage. It has no sexuality. It has no drug references. It has the "f" word a couple of times, but I have listened to this album a lot and the maximum would be about three. I think the only problem here is really that younger kids won't find it interesting.