All member reviews for Hannah Montana 2: Meet Miley Cyrus

Double CD pours out cheesy positive messages.

Teen, 14 years old Written byFloydclaptonblues April 9, 2008

Teen Pop at its Cheesiest!!!

Clearly the work of Disney's producers. The music is annoying, poorly written, and poorly mixed (Alot of Disney songs are poorly mixed). I have found many of the lyrics have a repetitive theme of adolescent empowerment, is way too happy, and the music is very predictable, nothing will jump out at you. If you are a parent reading this, bring out your Nirvana records and some Pink Floyd, and hook up that 20 year-old Sony Walkman, you'll need it.
Kid, 12 years old September 29, 2009

Like it!!

Great messages all girls should follow!!
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

i laughed

i think everyone should watch hannah montanah maybe not everyone just every girl n the universe.she like my favorite actrice ever.alot of people don't like her songs because they havnt heard her singing.talking about that she comes on disneychannel everyday but only on cable 35.if you dont have cable she comes on every saurday in abc channel 15.hannah montahah/miley cyrus is so cool.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 November 13, 2012

hannah montana 2 meet miley cyrus

Families can talk about the self-esteem and "you can do it" messages here, delivered with the subtlety of a pick-axe. Do you think the messages are effective? Would they be more or less effective in the context of subtler, more interesting songs? What's the difference, musically, between music produced for "tweens" and music presented as art, with no special agenda?
Kid, 11 years old December 28, 2010

I HATE HANNAH

I personally don't like hannah montana but a few songs like "GNO" "I miss u" are alright but i hat hannah
Kid, 12 years old September 16, 2010

Teasing mixed with profanity mixed with sex.

"G.N.O" says "Hey, boy/don't you wish you could've been a good boy?/try to f--k another girl like me, boy!" The beginning of "Start All Over" hints that Miley Cyrus was on drugs/depressed when she wrote the song ("I have to wonder if this wave's too big to ride/Commit, commit, commit/I'll commit s--cide!/Into the land I fall, 'cause you called me out/I've lost control and there's no doubt/I'm gonna start all over!/Out of the fire, into the fire again!..."). "I Miss You" is a sad, depressing song with spontaneous profanity: "I miss you/I miss your smile/and I still s--t a tear/every once in a while...my heart can't let you go/now it's my time to go...". "We Got the Party" talks about the dark side of partying...I won't even quote the lyrics. I could go on and on for every song, but I can't make my review TOO long, so I'll just advise you NOT to buy "Hannah Montana 2: Meet Miley Cyrus" unless you feel in need for dumbness, stupidity, drug/alcohol references, negative messages/role models, a creepy sense of fashion/consumerism, foul language, s--cidal songs, and shocking sexual innuendo.
Kid, 12 years old March 21, 2010

Good

This was a good album.
Kid, 12 years old December 2, 2009

love it!!

love it!!!!
Kid, 12 years old November 18, 2009
I HATE THIS ALBUM!
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 September 26, 2009

good songs

very good songs but a song are about "going out with a guy" in a song called lets dance.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMileyySupport September 5, 2009

Miley Cyrus rocks

I like this CD but i like the Miley side more my favorite song is "See You Again" i sang it in my school talent show.There are songs that are high energy like "Start All Over" and "G.N.O(Girl's Night Out)" and some that are more ballad like "Right Here" and "I Miss You" the songs are clean 7 out of 10 songs are about love.One line about kissing "my problem isn't that is kissed you whoa whoa" in "East Northumberland High".The Hannah side is more for her younger fans The Miley side is for the older ones but i like Miley's solo album Breakout the best because it can be for teenagers too
Kid, 11 years old July 4, 2009

Eh... I out grew it

I liked it when i was like, eight. It's not really for tweens or teens. It's perfect for like a six year old birthday party. I listen to more mature pusic now, and frankly, i cannot see how i could possibly like her songs.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byannbruce July 3, 2009

imaqine

imaqine fashion party
Parent of a 8 and 15 year old Written bymi_angel02 April 10, 2009

Not appropriate for children under 13

My 8 year-old daughter loves Hannah Montana, the show, the movie, the music, etc. I bought her the H2 Cd for her birthday when it came out and was very disappointed. I expected it to be on the same level as the show.. G rated, but it has some content in it, particularly in the "Meet Miley Cyrus" Cd that is way too mature for her. By he time she's ready for the content, I'm sure she'll be over HM, since most of her fans seem to be pre middle school. There is so much in the media that encourages girls in particular to grow up too fast and am totally disappointed that HM is taking part in it. I will think twice before buying HM again. Parents should definately listen to this one before buying it for their kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysara4ever95 February 16, 2009

a great gift for my cousin's 10th birthday!

my 9 year old cousin would love this for her 10th birthday!!:)
Teen, 13 years old Written bymdgrl9407 April 9, 2008
Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008

great

this is a great cd it is very postative and helpful and is an insipration to all young kids and has a lot of messages
Teen, 13 years old Written byBethStump April 9, 2008