All parent member reviews for Hannah Montana 2: Meet Miley Cyrus

Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 November 13, 2012

hannah montana 2 meet miley cyrus

Families can talk about the self-esteem and "you can do it" messages here, delivered with the subtlety of a pick-axe. Do you think the messages are effective? Would they be more or less effective in the context of subtler, more interesting songs? What's the difference, musically, between music produced for "tweens" and music presented as art, with no special agenda?
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 September 26, 2009

good songs

very good songs but a song are about "going out with a guy" in a song called lets dance.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byannbruce July 3, 2009

imaqine

imaqine fashion party
Parent of a 8 and 15 year old Written bymi_angel02 April 10, 2009

Not appropriate for children under 13

My 8 year-old daughter loves Hannah Montana, the show, the movie, the music, etc. I bought her the H2 Cd for her birthday when it came out and was very disappointed. I expected it to be on the same level as the show.. G rated, but it has some content in it, particularly in the "Meet Miley Cyrus" Cd that is way too mature for her. By he time she's ready for the content, I'm sure she'll be over HM, since most of her fans seem to be pre middle school. There is so much in the media that encourages girls in particular to grow up too fast and am totally disappointed that HM is taking part in it. I will think twice before buying HM again. Parents should definately listen to this one before buying it for their kids.
Adult Written bycncnorman April 9, 2008

Don't be too criticical . . .

I actually own this CD and have burned all the songs into the MP3 players of both of my girls (7 & 9.) We listen to this all the time and enjoy all the songs, they are sweet, sassy and supportive for any child but girls get a special kick from them. The music is catchy and as a parent I truly appreciate a 'rock' music that I can feel comfortable letting my girls listen to without worry. Give it a shot, download the lyrics and pay attention to the message if nothing else.
Adult Written bytibbydibby April 9, 2008
Adult Written byDexterSmith April 9, 2008

Meet Miley Cyrus

Sexual Content (Not an Issue): Some innocent flirtations. Violence (Not an Issue): None. Language (Not an Issue): None. Social Behavior (On): Girl power and standing up for yourself are major themes of this CD. Commercialism (Pause): A CD insert has a code that gains you free access to Miley's fanclub for 30 days. Drug/Alcohol/Tobacco (Not an Issue): None.
Adult Written bybow982 April 9, 2008

The Most Explicit Album For Kids

Do not let your children listen to Hannah Montana. They will get addicted to her songs within a week or two. Just like alcohol. Some parents of different non-american cultures WILL NOT understand the BAD MESSAGES in Hannah Montana's CDs. I am warning you, once your kid hears one song, they will sing it EVERYDAY!!!
Adult Written byineed2wax08 April 9, 2008

this is EXPLICIT material!!!

Its really bad. i have a spot on my toenail!!!
Adult Written byK Master April 9, 2008

ugggh!

This si so irratating to listen to Hannah Montana songs!! They want to make me pull a tree out of the ground! A kid in my class will tell you to shut up if you sing the AND I DON"T BLAME HIM!!!She sounds gross saying things about boys and bras, cause little kids watch her show and follow her example.I've witnessed it, seriouly.