All parent member reviews for Headstrong

Adult Written bysingersmartguy17 April 9, 2008

Fine, except for one song....

This album is great! Although Ashley may not have the best voice, these infectious pop songs are fun and good to dance to. However, parents may want to skip the suggestive "He Said She Said," with its sexual references. Tip: buy the album from iTunes, Rhapsody, or another digital service. That way, you can make your own cd and leave out "He Said She Said."
Adult Written byda_cool_mamma April 9, 2008

Great CD...For 11+

Any kid could probablt listen to this. 10 and under wouldn't even get the sex-related stuff, while 12+ should be mature enough to handle it. She says in "He Said, She Said", "baby i can see us movin like dat, maybe i can see us touchin...kissin..." And she talks about "one night with u, boy just one night with u..." However, this CD also has influencing stuff. Like, "Love Me For Me", "Suddenly", "Positivity", and more! Great CD, overall!!!!
Adult Written byCarrie123 April 9, 2008
My daughter loves this cd. She brings it to school so she can listen to it on her new cd player i got her last month on her birthday. Everyone is jealous because shes the only one that has it.
Adult Written byk8smom April 9, 2008

Boppin' clean fun with only one exception

Great CD, my 8yr old loves it. Only one objectionable track, "He Said She Said" ... I'm not ready to explain "touchin' like that" to my 8 year old. Every other track is great. Enjoy!
Adult Written bymamarx2 April 9, 2008

Great, upbeat music for kids...and adults!

I have only the concerns mentioned in the initial rating. He said/She said has those little questionable sentences along with some mild background "moaning". But overall, it's a great CD. One thing to consider with this artist, she's not a teenager, but and adult. I think her choices were right-on for her first release and she kept a lid on the sexuality. She has great appeal and a clean image.
Adult Written byDexterSmith April 9, 2008

Sexual Content (Pause): Lots of flirty innuendo. Nothing more explicit than "One night with you" and "I can see us touching like that". Violence (Not an Issue): None. Language (Not an Issue): None. Social Behavior (On): Lots of messages about girl power and standing up for yourself. Commercialism (Pause): A jewelery store is mentioned. A few advertisements in the CD insert. Drug/Alcohol/Tobacco (Not an Issue): None.
Adult Written bytibbydibby April 9, 2008

Great Music, but a bit too risque...

Most of the songs are about staying positive and about relationships, but I did find a few songs that contain sexual innuendos with the worst being "Baby I can see us touching like that/Baby I can see us kissing like that" in which young kids should not listen to.