All parent member reviews for High School Musical Soundtrack

Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 July 21, 2012

high school musical soundtrack

try out for their school play. Families can talk about cliques and peer pressure, as well as stereotypes. Why is it considered surprising that a jock would want to be in the school play? Families can also talk about the importance of trying something new -- parents might encourage kids to take up a sport or activity that they've always wanted to try.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byironman November 7, 2008

I LOST SIX BRAIN CELLS WATCHING THIS

Adult Written byMr. M. April 9, 2008

Very cool music. It'll make you wanna get up and dance!

The songs are catchy. My middle and high school kids are dying to perform it as their own school play. They love it. It's squeaky clean and has positive messages throughout.
Adult Written bychloebabexx April 9, 2008

i love it

i love high school musical it is the best movie ever in my life i like breaking free song it is FANTASIC AND FLIPING GOOD AND FLYING MY PANNTS AND TOGETHER
Adult Written bycoolcat April 9, 2008

Troy And Gabriella rock!

This soundtrack was good! Except Ashley Tinsdale! I think Troy and Gabriella did a better job; than Ashley!
Adult Written byIceSk8gal April 9, 2008

Good movie

I know that many people,kids and adults alike, have bashed HSM calling it corny and cheesy. I have to say that although some of this is true you just can't deny that the tunes are catchy and it's squeaky- clean Disney entertainment for kids. There are so many things out there that you don't want kids to see from TV to the internet that this is a refreshing change. I like the positive messages that it conveys,especially for the middle school crowd.
Adult Written byMichael G. April 9, 2008

This movie sucks. This music sucks.

I didn't want to have to cuss out "High School Musical", but...I sort of feel obliged to. Um...I don't like musicals. The only one I care for is "Evita". "The Sound of Music" is good. ...Okay, let me just get to the point! "High School Music" has horrible acting...horrible...and the musical numbers from the film are very dimwitted, very lame, very corny. I am a 13 year old guy, and when I saw the movie, I had to leave the room, it was so bad. Kids are probably into the stuff but...please don't torture your kids with this! Don't torture your teenagers! Please! Cause honestly, no one wants to listen to this ----. Please!!! Please!!! And Lucas Grabel is scary. Too much Pink...(not the singer...) The only exceptional song is "We're All in This Together". The chorus sucks...Big time...Super big time..but I didn't recognize the verses as being the same song...they were acutally bareable!! (a first!!) Yah...I'm done!
Adult Written byDexterSmith April 9, 2008

High School Musical Soundtrack

Sexual Content (Not an Issue): A song contains the lyrics, "Shake some booty and turn around". Violence (Not an Issue): None. Language (Not an Issue): None. Social Behavior (On): Messages of inclusion and doing what you love despite peer pressure. Commercialism (Pause): Tie-in to the film. Part of a huge marketing empire for Disney. Some advertisements in the CD insert. Drug/Alcohol/Tobacco (Not an Issue): None.