All teen and kid member reviews for "Hold It Against Me" (CD single)

Kid, 10 years old November 10, 2011

good song!

it's a really good song! But I really like I wanna go :)
Teen, 16 years old Written byRosebud95 May 14, 2012

Mildly steamy

It's alright...
Teen, 13 years old Written bymannymateo10isback February 8, 2011

TimetoSpeakUp is RIGHT!!

its fine but what is wrong bout this song is she said "i want your body" and then continues to speak about wanting to "pop it" (have sex), talking about how the guy "feels like paradise" and she "needs a vacation tonight". And then right into "Give me something good - Don't wanna wait, I want it now - Show me how you work it out"... I'm sorry, but these are just sly ways of talking about sex. Talk to a teenager and they'll flat-out agree that this is what the song is about. NOT about how Britney is turning her life around or some kind of joke like that.
Teen, 15 years old Written byflattire January 12, 2012

Very Sexual Message, Not Worth it.

When I read this review, I was very disappointed. This song is VERY sexual, and Common Sense Media doesn't realize that. Just by the name of the song, "Hold It Against Me", you can tell that this song is just plain bad. The chorus would have to be the worst part of the song= "If I said I want your body now, would you hold it against me? Cause you feel like paradise, and I need a vacation tonight." Wow. Britney Spears is back to her old self, so don't even bother to listen to this song.
Teen, 14 years old Written by4tora9 June 5, 2011

Good song

It's a good song...believe me.But refers to her being somewhere in a bar (epp) and says that there is a guy...ect.
Kid, 11 years old June 2, 2011

Meaningless lyrics and sexual content. Not surprising.

Wow. It's about partying and hooking up with someone you just met. Classy. I can't believe this song is so popular.
Kid, 10 years old April 28, 2011

Parents are wrong this is appropriate for kids 9+ :)

Finally a good Britney Spears song,but i think the video is a bit racy dont you think my sis ellie who is 5 loves this song but my mum & dad wouldnt let me listen to earlier britney songs. I am glad they didn't 8 letters for it H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E !!!!
Kid, 12 years old April 8, 2011

nothing terrific

Overall, an OK song. more of a listen to it on the radio if nothing else is on kind of song.. as for the lyrics, "if i said i want your body, would you hold it against me?" and "you feel like paradise and i need a vacation tonight" are about as bad as it gets. It could have chiller lyrics, and it could have a more energetic beat... that being said, the song as a whole wasn't terrible.. it could just use a little work(:
Teen, 13 years old Written byvolleyballnchocolate March 3, 2011

So-So

It's a dancey song. I like it. Keeping in mind that her vocals aren't that good in real life.
Teen, 16 years old Written bybieberlover6 February 26, 2011

Fine for tweens, good for teens :)

I'm in love with this song. It's great. Brittney isn't a great role model, but this song was cleaner than most Brittney songs! Just one line 'I want your body' was the only part that wasn't very appropriate for kids under 10.
Kid, 9 years old February 26, 2011

The best

It's a feel-good song i laaahve it me and a bff danced 2 it
Kid, 10 years old February 17, 2011
My mom despises me listening to this song she hates that she says “If I said I want yo body would u hold it against me?”
Teen, 14 years old Written byimitatior February 6, 2011

sexy, but more appropriate then other brittany spears songs

Some things about "bodies" and holding it
Teen, 14 years old Written byMegan96 February 5, 2011

Not for kids

Well, this song is clearly sexual, and I don't think it is for younger kids.
Teen, 15 years old Written byrandonheaton February 5, 2011
Teen, 17 years old Written byMaryMartin January 24, 2011
For younger girls who are developing their sense of self, sexuality and understanding of what behaviors are off limits, the line "I want your body", even though it is brief, is too graphic. It is about using a boy to make her feel good. I don't think any messages about using people are good. Older kids should have that sorted out - hopefully.
Teen, 13 years old Written bychocolatelvr101 January 20, 2011
Although it is a bit suggestive, this song is clean, has somewhat positive messages, and it is a great dance song.