Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Hot Fuss

Indie rockers throw some attitude our way.

Adult Written byHot Fuss December 23, 2011

HOT FUSS

CSM has overreacted once again. So what if there are "SOME" minor sexual references in Mr. Brightside? That automatically makes it 14+? Listen to yourself! Violence: Jenny Was a Friend of Mine is about killing your girlfriend. Sexual Stuff: Mr Brightside has the lyrics "going to bed" and "touching his chest now, he takes off her dress" finished with a sexual "ahh". Also, there is a reference to wanting to see a woman's vagina in "Midnight Show". In "Andy You're a Star", there is a reference to being gay. Singles: Mr. Brightside, although being the most explicit, is the best song- 13+. Somebody Told Me is a 4-star song, 12+ due to references of "boyfriend looking like a girlfriend". All These Things That I've Done is very heavy and dark, about a man who doesn't want to be a leader because he's afraid of being murdered, even though he has redeeming qualities. 12+.

Adult Written bysta_bbz_x December 23, 2008
If you can relate and really get in to the songs, its an amazing album. I can't see a 12 year old fully understanding the meanings behind 'Mr.Brightside' or 'All these Things that I've done' The Killers best album, everything since hasnt come close IMO.
Adult Written byhoney_thing April 9, 2008

Arrogance be darned!

I love love love LOVE LOVE this album. It is really great. The common sense review irritated the heck out of me, i didn't even notice that they seemed full of themselves and it DEFINATELY should NOT overshadow the whole disc! listen to it. enjoy it. buy it. p.s the only issues i had with the album was a sexual referance in "mr. brightside" ('he takes off her dress')
Parent of a 15 year old Written byamuseme543 October 9, 2010
Again, CSM is being way to overprotective. You should be comfortable with a kid age 10 listening to this great album. The only song thats only slightly iffy is Mr Brightside. Bu other than that, very clean.

Adult Written bykale d. May 24, 2018

Emo yet electronic album

I love the lyrics in this album, and the songs are very catchy. Maybe a few sexy references in some songs, but overall good for anyone 12 or over.