Kid reviews for Hot Fuss

Indie rockers throw some attitude our way.

Teen, 17 years old Written bybkgerard April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written byPoppy.bath April 8, 2016

fave album!

love this album! there are quite a few sexual references but other than that the best ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kid, 11 years old April 21, 2012

OK

Alright, though I like Day and Age better. Still one of my faves if you get over the sexual refrences.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMysterious_ballerina April 24, 2011
This is a great album and I find this review mean and the lightbulb joke was dumb if I where the killers I'd be mad. They're songs are really good and do have good meanings the only one is Mr.Brightside is a little iffy but it's really catchy.

Kid, 11 years old February 23, 2011

One vaguely iffy song (Mr. Brightside), great band, great album, 10+

I listened to Hot Fuss when I was 8 and there's nothing bad in it. In Mr. Brightside they refer twice to smoking and twice to taking clothes off but apart from that there is nothing bad at all really. My whole family really likes The Killers and I can see why. Good bass, good guitar good drums and excellent vocals. Not for you if you want hard rock/metal music but great if you want something quite rocky but not too hard.

Teen, 15 years old Written byNetGhost April 9, 2008

An outstanding sophomore album

The Killer's first album ever, "Hot Fuss" is an exceedingly good one. Obviously inspired by The Doors as said in the Common Sense Media review, the four-man troupe delivers. Incredibly infectious songs mixed in with some good messages, such as on the songs "Everything Will Be Alright" and "All These Things That I've Done". For the content, there is the reference to a murdered girlfriend on "Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine" and a even more subtle message on "Midnight Show". Despite the band's title, they arn't really stuck on the subject of killing. For sexual content, on "Midnight Show" there is a lyric that goes, "You've got a real short skirt, I wanna look up, look up, look up" and another one on the same song, "I've got a blanket in the backseat on my mind". For social behavior, the song "Andy You're A Star" is about a stalker. Most of this stuff will not be noticed by younger kids. This is one sophomore album you don't want to miss.
Teen, 16 years old Written byELECTROcuteyy April 9, 2008

Very good.

This album is awesome and I can listen to it over and over again. I found nothing innappropriate whatsoever with it.
Teen, 15 years old Written bydroolingfan_not April 9, 2008

The first bit was good...

I was really turned on by the songs Somebody Told Me and Mr. Brightside but I found the last few songs hard to bear, especially the really long ones. Other than that, not a bad album.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymusicislove February 16, 2012

hot fuss x

the killers are the best band ever... highly unlikely kids are gonna understand 'and it's all in my head but she's touching his chest'... and the other lines.mr brightside wasn't voted best song of all time for nothing..... x
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

What are you waiting for!

Best Cd,Best Band and best music. You will love it. From their popular song somebody told me to the great hit Mr.Brightside.Go buy it now. If you don't you will be missing out. BUY THIS CD TODAY!
Teen, 14 years old Written bysirloinsteak911 April 9, 2008

Kind of boring...

Their music is kind of dull, but sometimes brilliant. Any kid who doesn't listen to mainstream pop or is below the age of eight will find this album super-boring. But I love the first five songs. After that there is not much to get over excited about. I love that they are considered indie, but the lead singer has an ego the size of NYC, and the next album will probably be horrible. 3.5/5
Teen, 17 years old Written byownworstcritik April 9, 2008
Wow a modern band that you can actually tell the songs apart... Sometimes this album is great other times not so much but over all enjoyable and creative on the musical front.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySummerLuvr810 April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byxToTheEndx April 9, 2008
Kid, 12 years old March 13, 2011

Anyone else think Common Sense isn't looking on the "Brightside" of things?

Okay, Common Sense, some of the things in this review are offensive and rude to The Killers. The lightbulb joke wasn't funny. If I were Brandon Flowers, I'd be upset. This is a great album;just watch your kids on "Mr. Brightside".
Teen, 14 years old Written byhollabackgirl April 9, 2008

Some iffy subjects underlayed in songs, but overall, very refreshing!

Some of the songs have messages about sex in them, although it is not a huge issue. Also, on "Andy You're a Star", it borders on homosexuality. Overall, a very nice change from the unenthusiastic pop that seems to be taking over the media today.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytheReviewingKoala July 26, 2017

Brilliant Album

This is their best studio album. To my surprise, their most explicit song Mr. Brightside is their greatest hit. The lyrics of this Killers album are very poetic so young kids won't understand what the lyrics mean.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypinklady80lately April 9, 2008

pretty awesome!!!

i'll start w/ the controversial Mr. Brightside. i first heard this song in like, 5th grade while at hollister w/ my brother, he was singing along to it and i was like, wut a terrible song!, surprisingly, only after a couple of weeks it was soon being WAY over played on the radio, and i ended up liking the song alot, but the verse about taking off dresses and such still bothered me, since my brother had the album, i put it on my iPod and listened to the other songs and wow, i was mesmerized! (even though i wasnt exactly allowed 2 listen to any of my brothers music) as i went into 6th grade i matured and the lyrics of mr. brightside didnt bother me at all. i think its just a matter of maturity. as for midnight show, idk why ppl r freakin out about the looking up a skirt thing! seriously, hes a guy! all guys wanna look up a skirt! i'm kinda glad he said that cuz after listening 2 andy ur a star ur kinda iffy about him being straight or not! but this is really a good album and i dont see any issues w/ it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byJordynd94 April 9, 2008

My favorite !!

this is the best album ever! I never can get tired of it. buy it=]