All member reviews for Hypnotize

No holding back on the world's problems.

Adult Written byidk lol July 7, 2011

Sample the other stuff

I would definitely listen to mezmerize and toxicity before listening to this.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThatAwkwardGirl October 16, 2011

Amazing Song, Amazing Band

Okay, SOAD is an incredible band. I love Serj!! :D Anyways... "No holding back on the world's problems" means it's for 16+?? What's wrong with kids knowing about how messed up the world is?
Teen, 14 years old Written byxBlueClaw_ March 17, 2016

Awesome album!

System of a Down is no doubt one of my favourite bands, with powerful songs such as 'Chop Suey' and 'Lost in Hollywood' not to mention dozens more. While this album isn't album isn't as good as Toxicity or the Self Titled album, it still has several very good songs and positive messages. They use swearing liberally, but to emphasize important points.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydegrassigirl97 April 5, 2011

soad rocks!

I love system and kids should no whats going on and that the world isnt all happy all the time
Teen, 13 years old Written bymetallicaman12345 February 13, 2011

learning experience

kids need to learn what is going on in the world today and system teaches it very well
Teen, 16 years old Written byA Dandelion October 14, 2010

An inense, refreshingly innovative metal album filled with strong messages about political justice and self-sevelopment

System of a Down is composed of four musicians who have set opinions about love, life, death, sex, politics, and pretty much everything else, and aren't afraid to share them. The music is nu-metal of a more avant-garde, thrash-punk kind, and shies away from the themes of grief and personal alienation usually explored in the genre. Rather, SOAD focuses on songs centered on activism, humor and the absurd, and social commentary, with a few power ballads thrown in the mix. The music is extremely sophisticated, with excellent composition, and shows mind-blowing proficiency with the use of the instruments (just take a look at the work on the drums!)
Kid, 12 years old June 3, 2010

Awesome Band

One of my favorite bands.
Adult Written bytwilightkilla March 19, 2010

Que

chicka chicka what? kids cant learn about F up-ness in the world when it's not a direct example.
Parent Written byPlague December 4, 2009

Hypnotize

Great band and fabulous album. B.Y.O.B is a superb song and Serj as a god singer. A+.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykillthelights October 2, 2009
SOAD is really a great band. They They use some bad words and stuff to get their points across, but they have some really great messages.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGabrielStorm September 21, 2009

SOAD

I love this band. im all about metal, rap and country suckkkkkk!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written bySlipknotsarah July 10, 2009

Great music, but not for younger kids

SOAD has always been a different band. I agree with joedude. Even with chop suey!(on the album toxicity) they are really not devil worshipers.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJorde April 9, 2008

ROCKIN!!!

System of a down is a really good band. They do a lot of cool things with there music and I think it is fun to listen to. The sounds that these bands can come up with are awsome!!!!
Adult Written byBilly Shears April 9, 2008

A strong effort.

Believe it or not, I bought this album the day it came out. Yes, a person in adulthood can still enjoy this album. It doesn't break any new boundaries in music, but it is fairly amazing that this has achieved any mainstram acclaim. Content-wise, this isn't anything bad. One song contains the "F-word" and two others contain the "A-word". Kids that are in middle-school hear these words (and more) daily from their peers. And, to hear these words used in anti-war pieces, is refreshing. There is drug reference on "She's Like Heroin" and "Stealing Society", but it's nothing that will coerce kids into trying drugs. FINAL VERDICT: It's not for everyone, but you should still give it a try.
Teen, 17 years old Written byDittochs64 April 9, 2008

Great Messages for a Comsumeristic Society

This is not nearly as sexual as rap music, but there is a song about selling "ass for heroin". kinda violent, but not like rap again. There are references to putting body parts on the wall and mowing down the sexy people. Language: not like STEAL THIS ALBUM!!!, which has the song F*ck the System, but theres some. EX: "I felt like the biggest a*shole/when i killed your rock 'n roll!""I'm just looking for a mother/looking to get me high/just a stupid motherf**ker/if i die i die" Drug content is there, but it says if you do heroin, you'll be selling ass to get the cash to buy it, therefore ruining your life. it's really a good album, with strong message tracks like "hypnotize" and "she's like heroin" with subliminal tracks like "Vicinity of Obsenity" that sound like their older songs "Chic 'n Stu" and "Bounce" overall 4.25/5
Teen, 14 years old Written bysirloinsteak911 April 9, 2008

Good for a Metal Band

My friends are crazy about SOAD. I never liked metal because of the screaming. An alternative- for $.99 go to iTunes and buy the single "Hypnotize". Very good.

Commonsensemedia is too hard on this alblum

It has some swearing but nothing big and easily heard.I didn't notice anything sexually... There is drug mentions but they are not positive about them.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycomedian737 April 9, 2008