Adult Written byidk lol July 7, 2011

Sample the other stuff

I would definitely listen to mezmerize and toxicity before listening to this.
Adult Written bytwilightkilla March 19, 2010

Que

chicka chicka what? kids cant learn about F up-ness in the world when it's not a direct example.
Parent Written byPlague December 4, 2009

Hypnotize

Great band and fabulous album. B.Y.O.B is a superb song and Serj as a god singer. A+.
Adult Written byBilly Shears April 9, 2008

A strong effort.

Believe it or not, I bought this album the day it came out. Yes, a person in adulthood can still enjoy this album. It doesn't break any new boundaries in music, but it is fairly amazing that this has achieved any mainstram acclaim. Content-wise, this isn't anything bad. One song contains the "F-word" and two others contain the "A-word". Kids that are in middle-school hear these words (and more) daily from their peers. And, to hear these words used in anti-war pieces, is refreshing. There is drug reference on "She's Like Heroin" and "Stealing Society", but it's nothing that will coerce kids into trying drugs. FINAL VERDICT: It's not for everyone, but you should still give it a try.
Adult Written bySome Kid Who De... April 9, 2008

Umm.. You Can't Actually HEAR The Lyrics

My friend lent me this album when I was 13. I could have listened to it when I was 6. You can't hear the lyrics. Sometimes you can pick out a Bad Word, but, really.. so what? If you're at a point where you need to be protected from swears, then you won't notice it anyway. So what's the problem with Hypnotize? It's loud. And sounds angry. That doesn't make it worthy of censorship.
Adult Written byrdv128k April 9, 2008

Great album, gets the point across well

Most music nowadays has some vulgar language in it, and as long as your child isn't constantly swearing, I don't see it as a major problem. It has a good message, and is great music.