All member reviews for Hypnotize

i loved this!!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byThatAwkwardGirl October 16, 2011

Amazing Song, Amazing Band

Okay, SOAD is an incredible band. I love Serj!! :D Anyways... "No holding back on the world's problems" means it's for 16+?? What's wrong with kids knowing about how messed up the world is?
Teen, 16 years old Written byerica921 April 5, 2013

Rate all rock/metal music common sense media

SOAD ROCKS CHOP SUEY, **** THE SYSTEM, SUGAR, SPIDERS, INNERVISION, CIGARO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT COMMON SENSE MEDIA TO RATE ALL ROCK/METAL MUSIC
Teen, 13 years old Written bydegrassigirl97 April 5, 2011

soad rocks!

I love system and kids should no whats going on and that the world isnt all happy all the time
Teen, 13 years old Written bymetallicaman12345 February 13, 2011

learning experience

kids need to learn what is going on in the world today and system teaches it very well
Teen, 16 years old Written byA Dandelion October 14, 2010

An inense, refreshingly innovative metal album filled with strong messages about political justice and self-sevelopment

System of a Down is composed of four musicians who have set opinions about love, life, death, sex, politics, and pretty much everything else, and aren't afraid to share them. The music is nu-metal of a more avant-garde, thrash-punk kind, and shies away from the themes of grief and personal alienation usually explored in the genre. Rather, SOAD focuses on songs centered on activism, humor and the absurd, and social commentary, with a few power ballads thrown in the mix. The music is extremely sophisticated, with excellent composition, and shows mind-blowing proficiency with the use of the instruments (just take a look at the work on the drums!)
Kid, 12 years old June 3, 2010

Awesome Band

One of my favorite bands.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykillthelights October 2, 2009

SOAD is really a great band. They They use some bad words and stuff to get their points across, but they have some really great messages.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGabrielStorm September 21, 2009

SOAD

I love this band. im all about metal, rap and country suckkkkkk!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written bySlipknotsarah July 10, 2009

Great music, but not for younger kids

SOAD has always been a different band. I agree with joedude. Even with chop suey!(on the album toxicity) they are really not devil worshipers.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJorde April 9, 2008

ROCKIN!!!

System of a down is a really good band. They do a lot of cool things with there music and I think it is fun to listen to. The sounds that these bands can come up with are awsome!!!!

Teen, 17 years old Written byDittochs64 April 9, 2008

Great Messages for a Comsumeristic Society

This is not nearly as sexual as rap music, but there is a song about selling "ass for heroin". kinda violent, but not like rap again. There are references to putting body parts on the wall and mowing down the sexy people. Language: not like STEAL THIS ALBUM!!!, which has the song F*ck the System, but theres some. EX: "I felt like the biggest a*shole/when i killed your rock 'n roll!""I'm just looking for a mother/looking to get me high/just a stupid motherf**ker/if i die i die" Drug content is there, but it says if you do heroin, you'll be selling ass to get the cash to buy it, therefore ruining your life. it's really a good album, with strong message tracks like "hypnotize" and "she's like heroin" with subliminal tracks like "Vicinity of Obsenity" that sound like their older songs "Chic 'n Stu" and "Bounce" overall 4.25/5
Teen, 14 years old Written bysirloinsteak911 April 9, 2008

Good for a Metal Band

My friends are crazy about SOAD. I never liked metal because of the screaming. An alternative- for $.99 go to iTunes and buy the single "Hypnotize". Very good.

Commonsensemedia is too hard on this alblum

It has some swearing but nothing big and easily heard.I didn't notice anything sexually... There is drug mentions but they are not positive about them.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycomedian737 April 9, 2008

excellent.

excellent stuff.
Teen, 17 years old Written byacmilan629 April 9, 2008

Unbelievable

I had never liked SOAD until my friend made me listen to their original single, Sugar, and then B.Y.O.B. and i fell in love with their music. They are a pure political band that delivers every album. Although I didn't like that Daron sings a lot more in this album and the previous Mezmerize, it is still a very good album. Sure, they do have a few swear words in there, it's nothing that 6th graders hear on a daily basis, so if you think your kid isn't hearing it, your fooling yourself, but all the swearing is done in a very almost positive sense, there for shock and meaning. All drug references and war/violence references, are completely negative and portrays drugs as a path to nothingness and a path to destruction. The last song, Soldier Side, underrated and amazing. Every song is different and is unbelievable. Some songs are very kind of nothing songs that just sound really cool, like Vicinity of Obscenity (similar to Chic n' Stu (Steal This Album!) and Bounce (Toxicity)) but probably has an underlying meaning that isn't easily heard. A great album that is energy charged until the end.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycasting_shadows April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written bytaconiroxx April 9, 2008

ROCK ON, SOAD!

Another great album from System of a Down. Yeah, there's some bad language, but we hear worse than that in one minute from our friends. So it's nothing new. SOAD is by far one of my favorite bands. Their albums are always good. Buy this album!
Teen, 14 years old Written bywookiepie93 April 9, 2008

Really good but wait until you're older

System of a Down is a great band and its OK to have few of there songs but the because of violence i would rate this yellow for 14 or 15 year olds.