All teen and kid member reviews for "I Kissed a Girl" (CD single)

Kid, 12 years old March 12, 2011

This is a dirty song, believe it or not

This isn't a very good somg for kids to listen to. Well, you're probably saying "C'mon, N.M., this song isn't bad because she isn't homosexual and only kissed the girl to impress her boyfriend. It's kind of a dirty song with sexy issues in it (in my family, "sexy" is used to mean anything having to do with sex). There are drugs, and she kissed a member of her gender. It's almost like she promotes this. C'mon, Katy, give us a nice, clean song with no sexy topics in it. Whatcha' waiting for?
Kid, 12 years old March 20, 2015

I will tell the truth about these ratings.

Guys, everyone is in a tither because she kissed someone of the same sex... So what? What if the tables were turned? It's not as bad as everyone says it is.
Kid, 11 years old January 15, 2015

Trush

Kid, 9 years old June 22, 2014
Great, but some sex and drinking so it is best for older teens and up, like Hot n cold
Teen, 16 years old Written byrebma97 November 6, 2013

Very Catchy, But Bad Messages

I really love the music to this song (it's so catchy), but the lyrics are iffy. Katy sings, "I kissed a girl just to try it/I hope my boyfriend don't mind it"--so she just did it as an experimentation (""No, I don't even know your name/It doesn't matter/You're my experimental game"). Also, she already has a boyfriend. Aside from that, though, this is actually one of Katy's cleaner songs. Sex is just kissing, but it's really not that bad. One line mentions drinking ("I got so brave/drink in hand/lost my discretion"), but otherwise this song is pretty clean.
Kid, 11 years old May 29, 2013

Very Odd

What a weird song...She sings about getting too drunk and kissing some girl, when she has a boyfriend. This isn't the message she should be sending to young listeners. Yes, I know it is her song, but can't she keep it to herself? Is it necessary to tell the whole world what you did? Is that really a historical act? No.
Kid, 10 years old March 20, 2013

You're being prejudice!I'm bi-sexual

I love this song.there is nothing wrong with lesbian,bi-sexual or gay people.I have been bi-Sexaul from the age 9 to now and probably longer.the only thing people are taking the song as inappropriate is because it says using someone as a 'game'.Overall the Song can be iffy but there is barely anything wrong with it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNLRicci September 30, 2012

It could be worse.

Aside from one steamy verse in the middle, this is fairly tame, and certainly better than ''UR so gay''.That said, it is about a controversial topic, and the narrator mentions ''loosing her description'' ( getting drunk) in the song. So it's still far from stellar.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus September 12, 2012

Good, but could be better.

Teen, 16 years old Written byRosebud95 April 23, 2012

Weird, but actually catchy

The song is a little weird, but I found it catchy :)
Kid, 9 years old April 3, 2012

My favourite song off her old album

Awesome,just don't EVER try kissing a girl you'll get in alot of trouble
Kid, 10 years old March 11, 2012

Seems Gay, but It's Not THAT Bad

This song may seem lesbian, but she really just made it up. To me, it's kinda funny...but weird :|. Sex: "us girls so touchable" That's it ;)
Kid, 12 years old February 26, 2012

personally im not lesbian but i dont see whats wrong with being lesbian. but perry does say "You're my experimental game" which is wrong.
Teen, 16 years old Written bybsfan18 January 21, 2012

Homophobe's to the left

The first single off of Katy Perry's "One of the Boys". Honestly, it isn't that bad. There is some questionable material (Katy refers to women as her "experimental game"), but nothing over the top. There is some drinking involved, but it's only a small part of the entire song. I think this song is about experimenting with your bisexual side. There's nothing wrong with a straight man or woman kissing each other. I think more families need to talk about bisexuality and homosexuality, and tell there kids there is nothing wrong with it. The media has made both of those subjects seem like taboo in todays world, when in reality it's completely normal and many people go through it.
Kid, 12 years old January 18, 2012

my favourite song

Okay, most people won't agree with 8 & up, but when I was 8 this was my favourite song and until a year ago the lyrics went right over my head. I like Katy Perry in general, but I wish she would do some more age appropriate songs.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymusicislove December 2, 2011

gay lesbians and bis..

there aint nothin wrong with gay lesbian and bi...cheatin on bfs bad but sooner kids get use to gay lesbians and bis the better haha..
Kid, 11 years old October 1, 2011

I'm Bisexual

I don't get why this is considered inappropriate? What is SO inappropriate about same sex kissing? It's just like in pretty much every song there is kissing what's so different about this? The people who are hating on this are just pathetic. I am bisexual and I like this song who cares!?
Teen, 13 years old Written byMeTheCrazyOne99TWO August 11, 2011

.....???

Honestly, I love this song. It's almost the catchiest song on "One Of The Boys". But I'm not allowed to listen to it. But are you serious? You think this song is BAD? It's not even REAL! Katy is just SAYING that she got drunk and kissed a girl, listen she GOT DRUNK. Well not really, this song is all FICTIONAL. Even when she says sexual phrases she's just SAYING it. That's what pop stars do. They WANT you to THINK they're like that to encourage that behavior and message and to look "cool". This is just a silly, stupid, fake song. So don't get all worked up, OK? But still not the best thing to sing about. Hey, it's way better than "Peacock"!
Kid, 10 years old August 10, 2011

Good Beat, Lesbian Song, I Honestly Think It's Not Like Super Super Bad

This song does have a great beat. The song is lesbian, but she never really kissed a girl. Sex:Just the fact it's a gay song and some parents don't want their kids listening to this (I know some of you are rolling your eyes).
Kid, 12 years old August 7, 2011

The beat is really fun without being annoying, and you have to admit Katy Perry has some style. And if you're on the line about this because of the lesbian vibe, that's your opinion, but I think homosexuals are people too, and I sing this song loud and proud! And I agree that CSM is prejudiced against gays.