All member reviews for "I Kissed a Girl" (CD single)

Kid, 11 years old April 24, 2010

Thats Not Right

This song is a bad example to kids everywhere. What kind of person sings this? I don't like it. Catchy rhythm but horrible lyrics.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHotaru Chan July 9, 2010

It's not THAT bad...

As long as kids can understand what is right and wrong here, I think it's fine. I can understand why people would think it's not appropriate, since the singer does pretty much use the girl she kissed as an experiment, but I don't think it's too terrible. Also, why is everyone saying that it's wrong to kiss another girl? That's being prejudiced against lesbians and gays. I myself am not lesbian, but I don't see anything wrong with it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymathgirlie May 14, 2010

CSM is PREJUDICED!

I can't understand why CSM doesn't like this song! I mean, yeah, there's some questionable material, like Katy using a girl as a *game*, but other than that, there's really nothing wrong here. I think that CSM is a little prejudiced against gay/lesbian people!
Kid, 12 years old August 13, 2010

ummm....

Not a fan of this song...dont think its right and it was very random... Love katy perry she has some songs that surprise me like your say gay and this song....
Kid, 12 years old March 12, 2011

This is a dirty song, believe it or not

This isn't a very good somg for kids to listen to. Well, you're probably saying "C'mon, N.M., this song isn't bad because she isn't homosexual and only kissed the girl to impress her boyfriend. It's kind of a dirty song with sexy issues in it (in my family, "sexy" is used to mean anything having to do with sex). There are drugs, and she kissed a member of her gender. It's almost like she promotes this. C'mon, Katy, give us a nice, clean song with no sexy topics in it. Whatcha' waiting for?
Kid, 11 years old November 14, 2009

A girl kissing another girl?

I like Katy Perry. She's a good singer and I like this song. One concern though. Katy Perry talks about KISSING another GIRL. What is up with THAT? Parents must watch out for that one! Perry also says she already has a boyfriend.
Teen, 14 years old Written byturtlekins January 8, 2010

WHAT?

OK, What? People are fine with cheating on a boyfriend + drinking... but we're not okay with two girls kissing? I think people need to figure out what is REALLY important... anyway, great song. Also, just because YOU wouldn't kiss a girl that doesn't mean that nobody else should.
Teen, 14 years old Written byqueenofrandom01 August 3, 2010

for kids who can understand it

its not that bad! as long as ppls can understand and be mature about it its fine! and whats wrong with gay ppls or lesbian ppls? its wrong to be who you want to be? NO! there is nothing wrong with being gay but i myself am not just making a point
Teen, 13 years old Written bydr duck September 10, 2010

Sexy, rebelious single is for teens.

Its fun. But iffy
Kid, 10 years old August 5, 2010

Again a good song but not the best for kids.
Teen, 15 years old Written bydeliaX713 December 31, 2010

Mixed Messages, but good for mature tweens/teens

Yes, this song is about experimentation with the same sex but the only reason I wouldn't let children under 13 listen to it is because of its refrence to getting back at her boyfriend and getting drunk. Its perfectly reasonable to experiment, it's human nature to want to. I think that mature teens should listen to this, to understand that it is okay to be bisexual or homosexual. There is nothing wrong with it, and there should be more songs about it.
Teen, 16 years old Written bylove123 February 6, 2009

I laughed

its ok
Kid, 9 years old June 20, 2011

Not the kind of song I would let my kids lsten to if I was an adult.

This song does have some messages that could send thoughts into kids mind like,"I kissed a girl just to try it I hope my boyfriend don't mind it" and "No, I don't even know your name it doesn't matter you're my experimental game." There are some references to drinking, but they aren't very big, "I got so brave drink in hand lost my discretion" She really is lesbian-like in this song.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMinimimi May 22, 2011

guys shes an artist she writes catchy songs that arent to serious you guys acutally beleive she kissed a girl?!?! ^.^ you amuse me..
Teen, 13 years old Written byMeTheCrazyOne99TWO August 11, 2011

.....???

Honestly, I love this song. It's almost the catchiest song on "One Of The Boys". But I'm not allowed to listen to it. But are you serious? You think this song is BAD? It's not even REAL! Katy is just SAYING that she got drunk and kissed a girl, listen she GOT DRUNK. Well not really, this song is all FICTIONAL. Even when she says sexual phrases she's just SAYING it. That's what pop stars do. They WANT you to THINK they're like that to encourage that behavior and message and to look "cool". This is just a silly, stupid, fake song. So don't get all worked up, OK? But still not the best thing to sing about. Hey, it's way better than "Peacock"!
Kid, 11 years old April 3, 2011

What the heck

I don't get it? Isn't she a gurl! "i kissed a GURL and i liked it!" ew thats so lez!
Kid, 12 years old August 7, 2011

The beat is really fun without being annoying, and you have to admit Katy Perry has some style. And if you're on the line about this because of the lesbian vibe, that's your opinion, but I think homosexuals are people too, and I sing this song loud and proud! And I agree that CSM is prejudiced against gays.
Kid, 11 years old October 1, 2011

I'm Bisexual

I don't get why this is considered inappropriate? What is SO inappropriate about same sex kissing? It's just like in pretty much every song there is kissing what's so different about this? The people who are hating on this are just pathetic. I am bisexual and I like this song who cares!?
Kid, 12 years old January 18, 2012

my favourite song

Okay, most people won't agree with 8 & up, but when I was 8 this was my favourite song and until a year ago the lyrics went right over my head. I like Katy Perry in general, but I wish she would do some more age appropriate songs.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymusicislove December 2, 2011

gay lesbians and bis..

there aint nothin wrong with gay lesbian and bi...cheatin on bfs bad but sooner kids get use to gay lesbians and bis the better haha..