All member reviews for "I Knew You Were Trouble" (CD Single)

Teen, 17 years old Written byRosebud95 November 22, 2012

Catchy, and pretty epic song ;)

And Taylor's voice sounds really good here :D
Kid, 11 years old December 15, 2012

Great Song

I think that "I Knew You Were Trouble" is a great song about how good looking boys are not always good and can be trouble. This songs message is to steer clear of those types of boys.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCommonSense101 December 19, 2012

I Knew You Were Trouble 101

Although a lot different from her usual songs, I Knew You Were Trouble is a great pop song that everyone can dance and sing along to. There are no suggestive lyrics in this song, though it does show the hard side of a breakup. Don't let kids watch the music video!! LOTS of kissing, but most of the scenes are like picture they're flying by so fast!
Teen, 13 years old Written bydogsukulele678 March 1, 2013

Clean song!

this is such a great song! it's very clean, and Taylor Swift is a great song writer!
Kid, 10 years old December 16, 2012

Be careful!

Listen closely. This is a nice song. Taylor shares her unbearable pain with her fans by singing a song about her bad dating choices. I know it seems sad,- don't get me wrong, it's really sad-but it makes you realize that you need to be careful about who you date. You ned to trust your true instincts about what you should do and what you shouldn't. I rated this for 13 year olds because they will understand the song. The music video was recently released, and it explains the song perfectly. Taylor discovers her punk rocker side of herself and lets it get to her head. Taylor goes out with tattoo maniac who influences her to become some one she's not. Her "boyfriend" is seen shirtless and on a bed with her. He beckons her over, but instead off coming closer, Taylor pulls HIM close and then kisses him fully on the lips. Taylor stands on train tracks kissing. Taylor was kissing at a rock concert. Did I mention Taylor was KISSING? Then, Taylor's boyfriend goes off and cheats on her right in front of her face. Taylor describes this as,"Now I'm lying on the cold hard ground." Don't let kids watch the music video. It's WAY too inappropriate.
Kid, 12 years old January 1, 2014

I knew you were trouble (IKYWT)

Though I am a huge "swiftie" This song isn't very appropiate for kids. Its about Taylor going for "the bad guy" and she had the feeling that he was trouble when he walked in, and he basically broke her heart . Its catchy but, honestly, (as big as a fan I am) I dont see any positive message here..
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus December 21, 2012

Good, but could be better.

3 and a half out of 5 stars.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNASCAR101 July 22, 2013

bull crap

taylor swift has no talent. she just wants to be adele. and she never will.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhiphoph July 1, 2013

I Knew You Were Trouble

Taylor Swift's popular song, I Knew You Were Trouble, has a more dark tone to it. She sings about a bad breakup with a guy who toyed with her heart. In the music video, she talks at the beginning, saying at the end "I think that the worst part of it all wasn't losing him. It was losing me.". As for iffy lyrics in the song: "And he's long gone when he's next to me" and "A new notch in your belt is all I'll ever be". The song has a lot of deep lyrics too, with "Now I'm lying on the cold hard ground", "No apologies, he'll never see you cry. Pretend he doesn't know that he's the reason why you're drowning" and "And the saddest fear comes creeping in, that you never loved me or her, or anyone, or anything."
Teen, 13 years old Written bytiffc June 8, 2013

I Knew You Were Trouble

It's definitely a catchy song, but I wouldn't really reccomend the artist as a really positive role model. She is generally polite and respectful but she enjoys her revenge, as in this song, written about an ex-boyfriend. Her relationships are getting more and more in the media and is getting less and less of a squeaky clean image. This song is more pop-dubstep, and a dancy song that gets in your head! Definitely is radically different than her country roots, she is more of a pop artist now. Try an artist like Bridgit Mendler if you like Taylor Swift.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFezesAreCool March 3, 2013

Nothing bad, very good song, 8+

I'm definitely not a girly girl, one look at my reviews will tell you that, but I was actually slightly surprised to find that I like this song. There's nothing bad at all unless you count depressing lyrics, I highly recommend this song for anyone 8 or over.
Teen, 15 years old Written byrebma97 October 26, 2012

"I Knew You Were Trouble" Review

I really love this song. The music is awesome and Taylor's vocals are very good. It's one of my favorite songs on Red. This song is about a breakup, but Taylor's saying that she knew her ex was trouble from the start and takes blame for her actions-which could be seen as a takeaway message. The lyrics are fairly bitter and one-sided; younger listeners probably won't understand what it's about. But it's fine for them, as it includes nothing offensive. The music video may not be appropriate for them; there is some making out between Taylor and her boyfriend (some take place on a bed, though no sex occurs).