All member reviews for "I Will Wait" (CD Single)

Alt-country crooners sing clean track about a strong bond.

Kid, 11 years old May 26, 2013

I love this song :)
Teen, 15 years old Written byopalescent April 10, 2015

This is NOT country; if it was, I wouldn't be giving it five stars.

Beautiful song. One of my favorites by the glorious Mumford & Sons. I light song -- the music, anyway. The lyrics, like all of their others, are serious. No swearing, no sexual's wonderful. A very pretty song with a catchy tune. It deserves all praise. And it is NOT country; don't believe Common Sense Media. It is alternative, only with banjo. :) This goes for all their songs: usually I can't stand banjo, but Mumford & Sons's "Country" Winston Marshall turns it into a precious, golden instrument. I LOVE this song. It's uplifting (again, except for the lyrics) and gorgeous. What I love about this band is that they aren't famous for being good-looking (in my opinion, they aren't); it's their music that accumulates fans. :)
Adult Written bytolkien geek mi March 9, 2014

Clean and Uplifting

Unlike many of Mumford and Sons' songs I Will Wait is uplifting and generally positive. They skip the angst part and get right to the "it's all going to be okay" refrain. It pushes teens, in my opinion, in a positive direction..."I'll be bold, as well as strong, and use my head alongside my heart" is probably a good reminder in our very impulsive culture! That said, the style is distinctive. It's not country, but rather a very decided neo-folk sound with strong Irish overtones. I always feel compelled to add, I'm not a parent but an 18-year-old college student, so parents may feel differently!
Kid, 10 years old April 27, 2013

Perfect for country fans!

This song has a great message about a strong bond. The reason I didn't rate this 5 stars is because I'm not such a big fan of country, but it's a great track for anyone that does love this genre.
Parent Written byKennyLogginsFan October 19, 2012

Mumford, because Nickelback is too mainstream.

If you asked a panel of deaf civil war reenactors who their favorite folk band is, they'd pick mumford and sons. Said demographic is perfect for Mumford. They wouldn't have to deal with the astonishingly unoriginal lyrics, and they would enjoy the meaningless nostalgia.