All member reviews for "If I Die Young" (CD Single)

Death is topic of clean but mature country song.

Kid, 10 years old October 15, 2011

steve is hot

this song is so innapropriate its about dying seriously it would give my kids fears about dying young i would rather let them listen to slim shady if i had kidz oh and steve is sssssoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hot
Kid, 11 years old August 7, 2011

Such a beautiful song

I love it! It's so beautiful! The Band Perry has to be one of my favorite bands!
Teen, 14 years old Written byrebma97 December 13, 2011

3.5/4 stars

The music is nice (as well as the singing), but the song is about death-which is kind of dark. It's not innapropriate except for that part. I think it's okay for kids 11+.
Kid, 11 years old November 13, 2011

Great song.

Nothing really bad about this song. I usually don't like country, but this song I really love. :/ Strange. Try it.
Adult Written byCSM Screen name... January 26, 2015
Teen, 13 years old Written byUseursense August 16, 2013

OK I guess

This is a very catchy song. I think it is OK for older Tweens. It has the topic of death, that's the problem
Kid, 11 years old February 20, 2013

Nice

This is a good song.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 20, 2012

Love it!

Very pretty song. My favorite Band Perry song!
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 June 1, 2012

if i die young cd single

Families can talk about why young teen artists -- like The Band Perry -- would create a song like "If I Die Young." As a young person with a long life in front of you, how can you remind yourself to make the most of every day? Families might want to discuss their values and beliefs when it comes to death and burial.
Parent Written byMJMom4 May 30, 2012

Despair not necessary

A song that essentially glorifies one's death above one's life is tragic, especially when I remember so often wondering about the purpose of my own life during my teen years. Songs should celebrate that those difficult teen years pass and offer the opportunity for SUCH better things if one will just hold on... Such a shame that it's such a catchy, sweet tune!
Teen, 16 years old Written byprincessA95 May 2, 2012

Wonderful Song!!!!

I love this song. Yes, they are obviously talking about death, but Kim (the female singer) is saying if she happens to die young for her family not to cry over her too much because she lived a good life. Also, when she says "I've never known the lovin' of a man" she goes on to talk about him holding her hand. What's sexual about him holding her hand? I said it's fine for ages 11 and up because by that age the kid could probably understand that concept of death.
Teen, 14 years old Written byleftbehindcrazed8 December 22, 2011

emotional:)

This song is so sweet and really emotional, as well. It makes my mom cry whenever I play and sing it! Her voice is also very beautiful. The reason I put violence is it because, well, it's about death. One specific line is, "The sharp knife of a short life." But really, it's an amazing song and even talks about going to God's Kingdom after death which you are gonna do if you are a Christian! Great choice for tweens and up!
Kid, 12 years old September 23, 2011

Good but Sad

The only bad thing I have to say about this song, is that the message is sad. "If I die young, bury me in satin, sink me in the river at dawn." That's the only sad part.
Educator and Parent of a 11 year old Written bywillowfaierie August 26, 2011

Alive

This song is really sad :( but i love it ! THE BAND PERRY FTW
Kid, 12 years old August 22, 2011

Depressing

Depressing and i hate country
Teen, 13 years old Written byLizzie future Bieber August 11, 2011

Awesome.

I LOVE this song. It's such a good song perfectly fine song for kids.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bybobsax August 7, 2011

The whole album rocks

Check out the whole album. The songs are very well written and fun for the whole family.
Teen, 15 years old Written bystripesanddots August 4, 2011

Beautiful Song

This song is really good. I've loved it since it was first released. The message about death is a little mature and may be too much for younger kids. I think it's okay for 10+.