All member reviews for "If I Were a Boy" (CD Single)

Kid, 11 years old August 8, 2009

Near the ending of the video the man says It's not like I'm sleeping with a girl and Beyonce says It's not like I'm sleeping with a guy. But that was the only thing I found semi-innaproppriate. Beyonce is amazing. This song is very good.
Adult Written bythebigboss February 4, 2015

Nice song and message, but somewhat sexist

"If I were a boy" is a song by beyonce that tells of one stepping into the other gender's shoes. It has a nice beat, but I think that it promotes gender stereotypes as it shows men in women's shoes cheating and flirting and being unfaithful. She also says "But your just a boy" implying that boys don't understand and treat women like they should.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 September 25, 2012

if i were boy cd single

Families can talk about the issue at the heart of the song. If you could put yourself in a guy or girl's shoes for a day, do you think you'd treat members of the opposite sex differently? Do you think the song promotes gender stereotypes? Are boys that different than girls when it comes to relationships? Families can also talk about how this song is different from Beyonce's other music. Does this understated song seem like an unusual choice for an album's first single?
Kid, 12 years old March 30, 2011

If I Were a Boy...

It's all about seeing things from a new perspective, and I can relate to Beyonce' here because, being a tomboy, I sometimes wonder what it's like to be part of the opposite gender. The beer part is a little innappropriate, though. I wonder if boys wonder about how it would be if they were girls?
Kid, 9 years old March 18, 2010

Kid, 12 years old January 4, 2010

Perfect for tweens and teens

Beyonce has a very big voice and this song is very nice. Me and my mother likes this song! My brothers does not like the song but me and sister does.
Kid, 10 years old November 6, 2009

I love it when Beyonce sings that 75% if boys arent that great. She explains that some boys are bad and crazy. I love it. (This video will show you boys how to act).
Kid, 11 years old October 24, 2009

Although Younger Kids Won't Care About Listening, Tweens And Up Fine.

Beyonce is a good role model, so I'll just start by saying that. Now, let's get to the song. Younger kids (eight and younger) won't care about hearing it, it goes way too slow. Tweens and up would think it's fine, as in would they listen to it, but when it comes to what's actually in the song, anybody could listen. The only "concern" is a small beer reference "drink beer with the guys". Other than that reference it doesn't matter. Not my favorite song, but it's fine.
Kid, 9 years old October 3, 2009

NICE

i love this song i sing it all the time as for beyonce i think you are awesome and keep rocking :)
Teen, 14 years old Written byKaty0 September 15, 2009

Lovely Voice

Beyonce's huge voice lightens up what would be a rather dull song.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycheer15 September 7, 2009

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Teen, 14 years old Written byCrystalNorris March 3, 2009

beyonce "If i were a boy"

i think that she is a very good actress and singer and i admire her
Teen, 13 years old Written bysara4ever95 February 17, 2009