All member reviews for I'm Not Dead

Pink takes on just about everyone. Teens and up.

Parent Written byMusic/Movies July 23, 2013

P!nk's CD is very positive, yet swears too much for young teens

This CD is filled with emotional, positive songs. This CD will win the hearts of many people. The songs are very deep and I'd say this is P!nk's best CD. The only think that makes it not for tweens and young teens is the swearing, so if you have a child 14 or under, get a clean version because the songs are very worth it. Otherwise, the swears and mild drinking/sex content makes it too mature for tweens and young teens. There are three or four songs (Stupid Girls, Cuz I Can, Leave Me Alone & U+Ur Hand) that use strong swearing which includes sh*t, f*ck, d*ck, c*ck) yet none of these words are used in a sexual manner. There is mild drinking and sexual references in U+Ur Hand, but otherwise, the songs are pretty clean. The songs Who Knew, The One That Got Away & I'm Not Dead are about relationship and love that some older teens might be able to relate to. The other songs are Conversation With My 13 Year Old Self, Long Way to Happy, Nobody Knows, Runaway and I Got Money Now which are all positive songs for teens to relate to about feeling alone, bullied or hurt. Some songs like I Have Seen the Rain and Dear Mr. President might even win the hearts of some adults.
Kid, 11 years old April 5, 2012

oh joy!

yay! i luv luv luv luv this cd, dear mr. president is AMAZING! and its true to, bush did give us a hard time, yes there is swearing, but i don't mind it, some people might though.............
Teen, 13 years old Written byGreenRhino December 16, 2011

Empowerment, minor swearing; Nice album.

Pink makes a strong case here that girls don't need to be pretty, skinny, or rich to be successful and strong. An empowering album for girls, though it comes with some sexual statements and some minor swearing.
Adult Written byhelenmirrenrox May 26, 2011

P!nk Soings Well

This CD is my favorite CD for sure. P!nk is my favorite singer, and I think behind all of the swear words, and content, there is a good message for people. Tweens can't really listen to many songs on here. But I'll list the ones they can listen to later. But the teens that listen to this that are like 13, I think they learn great stuff from most of these songs. I'll list each song and tell if it's good or bad, and what age you should be, incase there are a few songs that younger kinds want to hear. The first song is "Stupid Girls". Does it have a good message? Yes and No. It is about P!nk not wanting to be stupid, and trying her hardest. But it is also about her making fun of the stupid girls. Is it OK for kids? Not really. You should be 13. This song say "F" 3 times, and 2 are used in a sexual manor. And it has some mild drinking content. Next is the song "Who Knew". Does it have a good message? Yes. It is about losing somebody you care about, and keeping them in your heart forever. Is it OK for kids? Most kids. I think 8+. It says kiss, 1 time in a friendly manor. Other wise it is pretty clean. The lines are "When some one said count your blessings now, for their long gone, i guess I just didn't know how. I was all wrong."_ and "I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give anything."
Teen, 16 years old Written byMjlove11 January 17, 2011

Good

I thank this song is yes age good no it doesn't get kids sad or mad are to dance Don't have to touch each outher so I would give this song even cd to people that are Teens because not only is it good for them but pink has never been nasty are bad talking no bad thang have been done so yeah I say go ahead and let you kids Have the song
Teen, 14 years old Written byEspumaMarina October 1, 2010

Nothing at all to complain about

This is filled with pretty good songs, my favorite is "Conforsations with my 13 year old self" -its realistic, its heartfelt, she actually sounds like she cares, some singers sing with hardly any emotion at all. She's reaching out to teens in a good way, she understands some struggles teenagers go through, these songs show we aren't alone. All of the songs reflect on ones' feelings, and haha at "walking with their itzy-bitzy doggies and their teenie-weenie tees. Where have the smart people gone?" -total twenty first century. P!nk said she's glad to be unique, girls with anbishion is what she wants to see. "Stupid Girl" is the story of my classmates... lol. "Dear Mr. Presedent" is also very good! She's saying how do you feel while the rest of us cry, homeless, and all of the dramatic things going on. Awesome song. Its true, our leaders are more of celebraties than answers. Congress hardly passes laws that, I don't know, HELP anybody but themselves. I never thought America was the best country in the world. It could be, if people actually work at it. These songs are really insperational! Listen to them. She doesn't make drugs and all that trash people worship sound like all that.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKittychan July 16, 2010

A fine CD for 13+.

I listened to this CD when I was 12, and have no problem with it. I think it's fine for 13+. Stupid Girls gives a positive message to girls and women: You don't have to be pretty,rivh or famous to be likeable.
Teen, 13 years old Written byink January 22, 2010

Teen, 13 years old Written bysuper movie reviewer January 9, 2010

ok

ok songs
Kid, 10 years old November 4, 2009

Orribl4

What the h--- is going on?
Teen, 14 years old Written bynazz4ever September 15, 2009

i love this album besides fun house but she still says s**t and f*** alot...
Kid, 11 years old August 22, 2009

In the song Stupid Girls, it says 'pull my head and suck it girl' and it says the f word quite a bit
Teen, 13 years old Written bysara4ever95 February 16, 2009

Teen, 13 years old Written bybonesxprt13 November 20, 2008

I love it!

P!nk really gives a whack at just about everyone. I love the music video to Stupid girls where the anorexic girls are in the bathroom. It's really true.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

Awesome album

Sex: not much, stupid girl and dear mr. president ("what kind of father would hate his own daughter if she were gay?) Violence: none Language: the biggest issue of all, topped by f**k, damn, and s**t.
Teen, 16 years old Written byqueenrachie2 April 9, 2008

Oh My Gosh!!!

I LOVE THIS ALBUM! I had never heard Pink before in my life and the first time I listened to this album I was wowed. Buy it ASAP. It touches on all stupid political views of the leaders. Whatever just buy it!
Adult Written byxmasboy April 9, 2008

Finally a positive role model for girls?

As with most music today there is language that I would prefer my kids not here. Stupid Girls is great. What other artists are currently putting out positive messages for young girls? I believe that most of Pink's songs on this CD and on Missundaztood are positive, not all of them are as clean as I might want. Another great song on this one is Dr Mr President. While it does not name any president by name, it is ant-current administration. Sample lyrics, "How do you sleep while the rest of us cry How do you dream when a mother has no chance to say goodbye How do you walk with your head held high Can you even look me in the eye Let me tell you bout hard work Minimum wage with a baby on the way Let me tell you bout hard work Rebuilding your house after the bombs took them away Let me tell you bout hard work Building a bed out of a cardboard box Let me tell you bout hard work Hard work Hard work You don't know nothing bout hard work Hard work Hard work Oh"
Adult Written bywhovian85 April 9, 2008

: (

What? She's not? Darn!
Teen, 13 years old Written bylh80127 April 9, 2008

Boooooooooooo!

this is the worst music ive ever heard!

This is a good cd! I have listened to Pink before and she kept getting better. She is DEFIITELY not dead.