All parent member reviews for I'm Not Dead

Parent Written byMusic/Movies July 23, 2013

P!nk's CD is very positive, yet swears too much for young teens

This CD is filled with emotional, positive songs. This CD will win the hearts of many people. The songs are very deep and I'd say this is P!nk's best CD. The only think that makes it not for tweens and young teens is the swearing, so if you have a child 14 or under, get a clean version because the songs are very worth it. Otherwise, the swears and mild drinking/sex content makes it too mature for tweens and young teens. There are three or four songs (Stupid Girls, Cuz I Can, Leave Me Alone & U+Ur Hand) that use strong swearing which includes sh*t, f*ck, d*ck, c*ck) yet none of these words are used in a sexual manner. There is mild drinking and sexual references in U+Ur Hand, but otherwise, the songs are pretty clean. The songs Who Knew, The One That Got Away & I'm Not Dead are about relationship and love that some older teens might be able to relate to. The other songs are Conversation With My 13 Year Old Self, Long Way to Happy, Nobody Knows, Runaway and I Got Money Now which are all positive songs for teens to relate to about feeling alone, bullied or hurt. Some songs like I Have Seen the Rain and Dear Mr. President might even win the hearts of some adults.
Adult Written byhelenmirrenrox May 26, 2011

P!nk Soings Well

This CD is my favorite CD for sure. P!nk is my favorite singer, and I think behind all of the swear words, and content, there is a good message for people. Tweens can't really listen to many songs on here. But I'll list the ones they can listen to later. But the teens that listen to this that are like 13, I think they learn great stuff from most of these songs. I'll list each song and tell if it's good or bad, and what age you should be, incase there are a few songs that younger kinds want to hear. The first song is "Stupid Girls". Does it have a good message? Yes and No. It is about P!nk not wanting to be stupid, and trying her hardest. But it is also about her making fun of the stupid girls. Is it OK for kids? Not really. You should be 13. This song say "F" 3 times, and 2 are used in a sexual manor. And it has some mild drinking content. Next is the song "Who Knew". Does it have a good message? Yes. It is about losing somebody you care about, and keeping them in your heart forever. Is it OK for kids? Most kids. I think 8+. It says kiss, 1 time in a friendly manor. Other wise it is pretty clean. The lines are "When some one said count your blessings now, for their long gone, i guess I just didn't know how. I was all wrong."_ and "I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give anything."
Adult Written bywhovian85 April 9, 2008

: (

What? She's not? Darn!
Adult Written bytredmer April 9, 2008

Great messege for girls. language over the top

I asked for this CD for Christmas after hearing a couple of songs. It is great! The parental warning is there for a reason. The language is very explicit. The F word is used quite a bit. I would check out the editited version for younger teens because the messeges Pink sends are very good. I myself would perfer the editied version(which I have not heard) because most of the profanity in the CD is unnecessary. I would consider letting my 14 year old listen to the editited version if it was done well.