Harmless music that most kids have on their iPod.

Kid, 12 years old August 5, 2010
I like fall out boy!
Teen, 15 years old Written byxaltrockgirlx September 11, 2011

Best for mature kids, but they'll love it!

While the music is absolutely awesome with great variety, many younger kids listen to this music who may not understand the metaphorical references to violence, like in "This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race" and many songs with innuendo like "Thnks fr th Mmrs". Parents (particularly Christian) may not like the repetitve use of the G-d phrase in "This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race" either (though they may like "Golden"), but other than that, the language is fairly tame with a few uses of 'hell' in the context of "come hell or high water" and similar phrases. The drug use for the most part is limited to the context of making fun of celebrities like in "The (After)Life of the Party", but the chorus of "Hum Hallelujah says "I sing the blues and swallow them, too" (referring to Ativan, an anti-anxiety medication) and the singular line "sometimes we take chances/sometimes we take pills". "Bang the Doldrums" does mention passing out (presumably from an overdose) once. However, in the end, older mature tweens can listen to it because it skewers these concepts to make fun of fame, and all to a good beat.
Kid, 12 years old May 19, 2010

Great album for anyone who likes good music

@Cjbear_10: the lyrics in those songs do make sense they are just metaphorical. Anyway I will let you know right now that I love fall out boy. It's got Some of the best lyrics I have ever heard with great pop punk music to back it up. Violence: One line is "death on in a double bed" and there are alot of references to weapons, especially on This Ain't A Scene It's An Arms Race", although the references are metaphorical. Sex: Thnks Fr Th Mmrs (one of my least favorites) talks about getting someone out of their clothes (wink, wink) but nothing really explicit or graphic (kids have probably heard far worse at school). Language: There are some uses of "h*ll" and the word "God-damned" is used an estimated 12 times but it is used correctly (literaly meaning condemned by God instead of just an interjection) although kids still shouldn't be saying it. Drugs/Alcohol: Talks about taking pills and the effects of doing so. Overall I still think it is an AWESOME album. PG for Some Language.
Kid, 7 years old February 21, 2010

Fine for age ten

It has some sexual words but that's it
Teen, 14 years old Written byfall_out_fan April 9, 2008

FOB rox my sox off

This CD is amazing, along with all the other Fall Out Boy CDs. My personal favorite songs are "The Take Over, the Break's Over," and "Thriller." But the rest of the songs are just as good. There is some language, but come on people! Just listen to the lyrics!! Don't focus on the "bad" stuff, (if there is any) and LISTEN!! It's a great CD. I'm gonna sum it up really fast and make it easy to follow: Buy it. Take it home and listen to all 14 songs on your CD player. Like it. In no time you'll find yourself singing the lyrics over and over. Kind of like me. So if you've taken the time to read this review all the way through, (haha that rhymes!!) you'll realize that Fall Out Boy is amazing.
Kid, 12 years old March 23, 2016

Fall Out Boy!!

I love this band so much. Infinity On High is my favorite album along with From Under The Cork Tree. There's a little swearing in Infinity On High. But it's only the H & D words. THE CARPAL TUNNEL OF LOVE IS THE BEST SONG OFF THE ALBUM. Pete's (the bassist) screaming in it is AHHHH!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byQuatravious September 5, 2015

Definitely on of FOB's greatest albums

There are some minor sexual and drug references give the title "On High" nothing that bad except I am a Christian and my parents did have a problem with G D being in the chorus of one song but the song's music video blocks it out so as long as you don't buy that one song (this ain't a scene it's and arms race) you should be fine. I am 12 and am old enough to admire the metaphors that are included in the songs a must have song for kids that like pop music
Teen, 13 years old Written byilooovememyfigh... June 16, 2010

ammazing music!

BEST BAND IN THE WORLD!!!!! I HAVE BEEN LISTINING TO THEM SCINE THIRD GRADE!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymusicaddict4444 April 29, 2010
Kid, 9 years old January 2, 2010
I am only nine and I love Fall Out Boy
Teen, 13 years old Written bydeathnotegirl November 26, 2009

definitely recommended

This album is more poppy than previous Fall Out Boy albums, but still just as great. Watch out for The Carpal Tunnel of Love's music video, it shows cute cartoon animals dieing in various gory ways.( It's still pretty good.) Some great lines from the album: bandwagon's full, please catch another- this ain't a scene It's an arms race; sometimes we take chances, sommtimes we take pills-hum hallelujah; I'm just a painter and I'm drawing a blank- Don't You Know Who I Think I Am?
Teen, 13 years old Written byCjbear_10 June 26, 2009

One of the only modern bands I like.

I'm a classic rock fan myself (The Beatles and Styx are my two favorite bands), but this band is my third favorite! They are completely different and original. The song This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race repeats the phrase: 'This ain't a scene It's a godd*mn arms race' And the song Hum Halleluia has the lines 'My words are my faith to h*ll with our good name' and 'Hired a construction crew 'cause it's h*ll on the engine' Another song, Bang the Doldrums I think, says 'This city says come h*ll or high water well I'm feeling hot and wet' That's three uses of h*ll, not one as the review says! Also at some points the lyrics make no sense, except in poetic sense such as Golden's 'Tongues on the sockets of electric dreams where the sewage of youth drowns the spark of my teens' And the song Carpal Tunnel of Love has many, including, but not limited too: 'Stomp out this disaster town' 'We keep the beat with your blistered feet and we bullet the words at the mocking birds singing slept through the weekend and dreamed of sinkin' with the melody of the cliffs of eternity got post cards from my former selves saying how you been? And we might have started saying goodbye just a little soon we're throwing stones at a glass moon Whoah we're so miserable and stunning Whoah love songs for the geniunely cunning' 'It was all ice cream headaches and sweet avalanche but we're the pearls and our shells got up to dance' 'Yawns for fawns on hunters lawns we're the has beens of husbands sharpening the knives of young wives take two years off and call me when your better take tears of mine and find yourself wetter' The song Golden is actually a piano ballad and The(After)Life of the Party has a calm feel. My favorite is Don't You Know Who I Think I Am? 'A penny for your thoughts but a dollar for your insides and a fortune for your disaster I'm just a painter and I'm drawing a blank We only want to sing you to sleep in your bedroom speakers whoah get me just right They say quitters never win but we walk the plank on a sinking ship there's a world out side of my front door that gets off on being down I could learn to pity fools as I'm the worst of all and I can't stop feeling sorry for myself whoah We only want to sing you to sleep in your bedroom speakers whoah get us right They say quitters never win but we walk the plank on a sinking ship there's a world outside of my front door that gets off on being down They say quitters never win but we walk the plank on a sinking ship there's a world outside of my front door that gets off on being down They say quitters never win but we walk the plank and we walk the plank ...' Or something like that. That's almost the end but I'm tired of typing. I hope this review helped!
Teen, 14 years old Written bypunkrock580 May 21, 2009

LIes

This is stupid just because to refrences doent make be emo!!!! ur emop cause yuor life sucks
Teen, 14 years old Written byirishgamer96 March 18, 2009

Thnx 4 The Memories ( Cd Single )

This song has really good beat.I all rockbands still in school should perform this song in their school talent show.I listen to this song every day & i never get sick of it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byhorselover1134 March 5, 2009

the best cd ever listened to!!

this is the best cd i have ever listened to. i love fallout boy and they need to keep making awesome songs and cds!!
Kid, 12 years old January 15, 2009

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!!!!!

i LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! IT NEVER GETS OLD THIS IS THE BEST CD BY THE BEST BAND EVER! GO BUY IT NOW! seriously the lyrics make me want to cry they're so amazing. every word has some deep meaning you can only get the second or third time you listen to it. hum halleluja (spelling?) is absolutely the awesomest song i have heard in my life. And no, the band is not emo, but it IS considered alternative. Which is not a bad thing! but if u do buy it, look in the cover packet on the Cd and turn to the last page. that is the most amazing picture of Pete Wentz. Ashlee Simpson doest know how lucky she is. LOL anyway...perfect for absolutely anyone who is sick of shallow elementary junk they play these days. i am obsessed with Fall Out Boy.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySynchronicity April 9, 2008
Teen, 16 years old Written byzimm7 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bymoviefan17 April 9, 2008

Love this Album

When my parents got this cd for me, I loved it when I listened to it. I love the lyrics and of course the band, they're awesome.They know how to kickass on and off stage.So I definitely recomend this cd to every teenager that loves to dance and loves to really listen to lyrics.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygsaysi April 9, 2008

kinda cool album

infinidy on high is NOT as good as from under the cork tree and most songs are not as catchy. The titles are very interesting as well as some of the lyrics, ha