All member reviews for It's Not Me, It's You

Excellent singer-songwriter delves into mature topics.

Teen, 14 years old Written bydvdemille March 18, 2011

I absolutley love lily allen. she is my favorite artist. she writes her own songs, she speaks her mind, and isnt fake. she is amazing
Kid, 11 years old February 24, 2009

Lily Allen brings back her talent again

After the hit album "Alright, Still" her new album has a much more fresh taste. It is more mature in not just topics but in vulgarity. Lily Allen is still the bad mouth that made her stand out. The album definitely has some stand out tracks such as "F*** you" and "The fear". I would highly recommend this album if you like Lily Allen's previous work or if you are in the mood for a good album. While the album has explicit content you can purchase it clean. How bad is the content? Mrs. Allen drops the f bomb a total of 14 times (12 were uttered in F*** you), 1 scatological term and 1 mild obscenity. In the song "Not fair" she makes 7 sexual references. For sexual content, Not fair talks about the shame of not having an affair. For violence Allen makes about 2 violent references in The Fear.
Teen, 17 years old Written byToujoursPurSang November 23, 2010

A clever and witty album.

I love this album, she is quite an interesting song writer. She forms a glamour and then shatters it in her music, it usually starts off light and almost calm and then it shatters and goes deep down to the bone.
Kid, 12 years old September 22, 2010

(Clean version)

I love this CD! It is better than her first one and all the songs are amazing! I love it so much, I listen to it all the time. If you liked the first one I guaruntee that you will like this one even more.
Kid, 12 years old March 23, 2010

Great album if you're mature enough for it.

This album is awesome! It has great messages about dissing racists and drugs and Allen's a good role model. The only thing, though, is that she loves cussing, particularly the words f--k and sh-t (f--k siad for dramatic effect many times on the song "F--k You") and theres some strong sexual content on Not Fair ("You never made me come", "I spent ages giving head"). That's why I highly reccomend the clean version so that everyone can listen to this great album!
Kid, 12 years old October 1, 2009

Fantastic album, better then the first. Obviously, language is an issue (eg. F--K YOU) and the content is also inappropriate, but she harnesses this to create a catchy tune that has you singing along to her outrageous lyrics. What drives me insane is where music stations change the lyrics to censor out the swear words (eg. F--K YOU). The whole song is inappropriate, so why bother?!
Teen, 14 years old Written bynazz4ever September 15, 2009

its average.
Kid, 10 years old September 6, 2009

Most amazing album this year!

Amazing album that is ruined by Lily's constant swearing. I love the song f--- you but it's not really acceptable to say it 27 times. I think her songs are amazing but the languge is sometimes too much
Kid, 11 years old August 20, 2009

Teen, 15 years old Written bySomebodysMe August 16, 2009

Really not appropriate

Okay, so I actually haven't listened to this cd, but I am basing my review on the one from Pluggedinonline.com. (Thanks guys!) Honestly, I don't think hearing the f-word repeated obsessively is really appropriate for anyone! The fame is a good song, though it can be taken out of context and be considered bad too!
Teen, 13 years old Written bykossu August 12, 2009

lol i think its 13
Teen, 13 years old Written byluv2sing0723 July 29, 2009

Clean Versions are Fine For 13+

I am 13 and I listen to Lily Allen songs but the only way my mom lets me listen is if they are the Clean version. I agree with Common Sense, 16+ if they listen to the explicit version but most songs like Littlest Things (which is perfectly clean), Smile, and The Fear are fine. I find Alfie very catchy but it mentions drugs and smoking a lot so that one is a bit iffy. But otherwise, if you listen to the clean versions of her songs it's fine for 13+!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bySpongebobelmodude July 28, 2009

Perfection

Although "Not Fair" is super innapropriate, the other songs are great. She really talks about what is happening truthfully, and not singing about tons of relationships and stuff. "22" is about how society glorifies women in their early 20s (Paris Hilton), and "F You" may be a little overdone with the F-bomb, but she is hating on people who hate on others for their sexual orientation or race, so she is telling them off in a good way. "Everyone's at It" says that we can't stop the flow of drugs unless people admit they are on them. Sex is overly sung about on "Not Fair" and "F You" is explicit in terms of language, but Lily is one of the few singers who sings about things in the world and really is fantastic!
Kid, 12 years old July 17, 2009

AWSOME

Lily Allen is by far my favorite singer!! This CD is my fav CD!! U should so ut this!! GREAT SONGS