Kid reviews for Just Like You

Mixed messages mar Idol rocker's otherwise clean CD.

Based on 1 review

Teen, 15 years old Written byjessica.horsecrazy April 7, 2010

Perfect for teenagers, but not kids

Okay, so we all remember little seventeen-year-old Allison Ireheta from American Idol, right? Well, if you were expecting her album to contain the same genre of music that she sang on Idol, you’re in for a surprise! ‘Just Like You’ is a Pop Rock album, and though it is not the more ‘traditional’ style of Rock that many people were expecting, it is still very good. All of the songs (‘Robot Love’, ‘Just Like You’, ‘D Is For Dangerous’ and ‘You Don’t Know Me’ are my personal favorites) are well-written, have amazing beats and Allison’s vocal talents are just as good (if not better) than when she was on American Idol, making this a top-class album. However, these are my concerns:
All of the songs on the album are about relationships and – on top of that – none of them are ‘happy’ relationship songs. They are all about the mean boy who broke her heart (‘Friday I’ll Be Over U’) or the wicked guy who beats her (‘Beat Me Up’) or the texting-addict who makes her feel like there’s a third wheel (‘Robot Love’). It would be okay if these were happy songs, but ask yourself, do you really want to think on all of this, especially if you’re younger? There is also mild swearing in ‘Holiday’ (Feels so d--m good like Hollywood) which is not serious, but still cussing.
Overall, ‘Just Like You’ is a good Pop Rock album, appropriate for listeners aged 13 +.

- Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial.

Teen, 13 years old Written byHilly January 16, 2010

ALLIE!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE Allison! She is amazing, and so is her album!