All teen and kid member reviews for Kidz Bop

Teen, 14 years old Written byTheBombFunn August 25, 2013

Kidz Bop makes me mad!

I hate Kidz Bop, it's a CD that never should've been made. Plus, it's a rip-off of Now That's What I Call Music. All these kids do is take all our good songs and ruin them with their sassy and annoying kid voices, it is just so stupid and immature!!!! Not to mention, they also replace the bad words and sexual references with innocent words that make the lyrics make no sense. In other words, just save your money and go buy Now That's What I Call Music (like I said earlier).
Teen, 16 years old Written byAnimeIsAwesome808 July 25, 2013

Bleh.

This band ruins music. They ruin the good songs and as for the already bad ones, KB makes them WORSE. This band is annoying and talentless.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAsh2o13 July 2, 2013

WORST MUSIC BRAND EVER

ITS SO BAD WORST THUNG TO HAPPEN TO AMERICA AND THEY JUST RUIN SONGS FOR EVERYONE
Kid, 11 years old May 10, 2013

what the!

Kids bop is terrible. Their ads are just fun so you'll buy it. and the CD is more expensive than 2 cds together! Hey parents the ads are just lying and also the kids are anonymous so who knows who's singing it? it's slightly creepy. it gave my little brother nightmares for weeks! And also they said sung by kids for kids that not true if you even look a the lyrics at certain songs and see the story in the songs they're just plain hurtful and full of sexual references! Also you could just listen to the original song than paying $19 and listening it?! kids bop even lies to you! They said not sold in stores but go to target they have it!! And also the kids bop version sounds very grainy compared to the original singers! And also they copy songs without permission!
Kid, 12 years old May 3, 2013

KIDZ BOP SUCKS A*SE!

All it is is just a bunch of TEENAGERS singing edited off-key versions of already sh*tty songs.
Kid, 11 years old February 1, 2013

Great Cd

All of the crud people are saying about this is ridiculous. These are great cd's and they wouldn't be going on for so long if kids weren't buying these. I'm in fifth grade and I love Kidz Bop. These kids are amazing role models.
Teen, 13 years old Written byzaccarr113 January 27, 2013

racist

i think that kidzbop is a racist because they are singing songs that are all ready popular and it just make the singer of those songs just feel bad
Teen, 14 years old Written bymrbookworm01 December 16, 2012

Could be better, but.....

I've never bought one of these CDs, but i've listened to cover songs they've made online. While I feel some of the kids singing are good, there's a lot of songs they've covered that aren't very good (Ex. Kelly Clarkson's "Because Of You"). Also, some of the songs they have them sing are NOT meant for kids (Ex. Evanescence's "Bring Me To Life" and "My Immortal") They aren't inappropriate, but they have dark undertones most children wouldn't relate to. All together, I think Kidz Bop would be good if the singers were better and they cleaned the lyrics up better. Don't recommend it. Violence: Some songs describe physical violence (i.e. Pink's "So What") or mental suffering (i.e. Evanescence's "My Immortal") that most children won't relate to. Sex: Some songs involve sexual activities (most are censored out). But some questionable lyrics get through. Consumerism: Some products are advertised with the CDs (i.e. Comic book, tattoos, and stickers). Plus, there's a dance video game spin-off. Drinking: Most drug/drinking content in songs are censored out, but some slip by (i.e. The lyric "Now give me more, more, till I can't stand" is kept in their rendition of Nicki Minaj's "Starships")
Teen, 16 years old Written bylovzhisdad October 22, 2012

Very misleading title.

This is not "kids' music"! It's just songs that even adults shouldn't be hearing sung by kids! I would go as far as to say that all the songs here are just kid-sung versions of adult CD tracks like "Now that's what I call music 31"!(which they kinda are if you think about it). I would say the same thing about all the other CD's in the Kidz Bop franchise, the video game based on it, and the website based on it. plus, the CD's often have too-serious language, too many suggestive song lyrics, and too many scary or violence-themed song lyrics. Plus, most of the CD's are too commercial.
Kid, 11 years old September 8, 2012

DX

THEY ARE SO BAD THEY OFFICIALLY KILL SONGS PARTY ROCK ANTHEM IS 4862983752984767% LESS COOL BECAUSE IT WAS ON A KIDZ BOP ALBUM THEY ARE JUST WANNABE ROCKSTARS SINGING LIKE CR*P! SOMEONE SHOULD SUE THEM FOR COPYRIGHT REASONS! I only gave one star because I HAD to!
Kid, 11 years old July 23, 2012

I hate kidz bop....

They suck!!! They actually take verses out of the song and the voices are flat and BLLLLLLAAAAAAANNNNNDDDDDD. So if they were trying to compare to worthless crap like Justin Beiber, then mission accomplished.
Kid, 12 years old November 15, 2011

OMG

in "the lazy song" they mention "oh my god." This happened in the new kidzbop cd
Kid, 10 years old August 10, 2011

the suck

u shoulnt listen 2 it
Teen, 14 years old Written byzachmorris148 August 7, 2011

Younger kids might enjoy, but, it's basically an epic fail...

So, where do I start? Let's think this over. The year is 2001 and the creators of Kidz Bop are thinking "let's take some of today's popular music, take all of the inappropriate lines out, get kids to sing it, and sell it to kidz!" Sounds like a good idea, right? I guess, but first of all the creators did not do as well a job as they could have of taking the inappropriate lines out, although most of the inappropriate stuff that was left in would probably go way over kids heads. And plus, the popular songs our made for older teens and adults, so it's gonna be hard to take stuff that children should not hear out. And it seems like they went around the country, looking for the kids that sing the worst and put them on the CDs. The kids vocals are horrible and the cover artists don't do good either. And the instrumentation is seriously lacking. So, parents, do not waste your money on this, because only younger kids around ages 5-8 will really enjoy it and you wont!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byrebma97 July 27, 2011

For kids

I have to agree with most of the reviewers on here. I had a Kidz Bop CD once. I really prefer listening to the actual singers and I don't think they're good singers. But, Kidz Bop is for younger kids (but when I was younger I didn't like it) and I'm sure they'll like it. Also I don't remember any suggestive songs but I was younger so it probably went over my head
Kid, 12 years old April 22, 2011

It was made for KIDS not tweens/teens . "by kidz for kidz" heard it before?

I along with most of you other reviewers really dislike kidz bop. But everyone is blowing it out of proportion. Just about all the kids who reviewed are 11+ so obviously you've outgrown it. When a little kid hears music then they get a cd of it, they would never know the lyrics were changed. I will admit though that some of the lyrics they changed just make no sense and are just embarrassing. To parents; if you want to buy kidz bop for your kid, just make sure that they're not old enough where they're aware that its not the real song. It's probably gonna last from age 6-8 before they get tired if it. The main reason kidz bop was made was to let kids listen to songs that may be a little bad and change them a bit rather than giving them the instrumental version. Kidz bop started in 2001 and they really were a hit back then. I bet barely any if you other reviewers took their target audience unto consideration when you wrote tour review. And by the way, they're releasing kidz bop 20 on July 19, 2011. »Enjoy«
Kid, 12 years old January 12, 2011

Okay WTF is WRONG with kidzbop?!?!?

I have A LOT of reasons why I hate it. 1. It ruins peoples ears 2. They copy songs and kill them 3. In california girls on kidzbop they get the lyrics wrong they say sun kissed BEACH THeres more but thats all im listing for today. GOSH KIDZBOP IF U WANNA SING GET UR OWN ALBUM
Kid, 12 years old December 23, 2010

Not Good For Anyone & Any Age

They ruin all the good songs that teens like these days. They play the darn commercial like 456295498 times every single day. Most of the songs that are REALLY popular, they have bad meaning/language in them. Who in the world came up with this junk?
Teen, 13 years old Written byshadow gal September 16, 2010

non kids bop

i see no problum with it but they should not call it kids bop. i say eight and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byperfectionist July 16, 2010

Seriously? Can you HEAR the songs they have?!?!

People are so evil these days! What is happening? These songs are VERY inappropriate, and they have little kids sing the songs. It's stupid and evil. Kidz Bop is poison for the child's mind. If the REAL songs are iffy for ages 13, then why are the SAME songs that are sung by kids ON for ages 9?!?!?! So what if the bad words are edited out; kids might look up the real version or something. Just plain bad. Don't let your kids listen to this.