All member reviews for Kidz Bop

Mostly bland pop covers sung by anonymous kids.

Kid, 12 years old October 13, 2014

Pointless.

I personally find Kidz Bop pointless, because these kids can't sing, the instrumentals are crap, and there's no point in having kids sing this stuff if there's a clean version.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBloggergirl101 August 4, 2014

Just plain terrible

Every time these commercials for albums come on, I wanna smash my tv. These kids can't sing at all. It ruins your ears. They make silly changes to the songs that make no sense at all. In "The one that got away" by Katy Perry, the original lyrics in the song were "and we got matching tattoos" They changed it to "And we got matching balloons" There is nothing wrong with saying tattoos.
Kid, 10 years old April 18, 2014

Ok

It is appropriate music and it won't hurt kids.It might say a few thing that are not edited out but they are 95% appropriate
Kid, 11 years old March 7, 2014

Music straight from hell to your radio

BECAUSE SEXY IS A SWEAR WORD O_o Yeah, this is pretty hardcore stuff right here people! But seriously, its terrible, buy this for your kids and they will run away from you. I didn't think it was possible but Jonas Brothers just got worse. DON'T DO THIS TO YOUR KIDS PEOPLE!!! On the other hand, its a great torcher device if your in to that kind of stuff.
Kid, 11 years old December 27, 2013

KIDZBOP SUCKS

I HATE KIDZBOP!!! first of all, all of the kid's voices sound the same when they sing and the music videos that they have are really cheesy! Also, they ruin great songs with their singing and making the songs "child friendly".
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheBombFunn August 25, 2013

Kidz Bop makes me mad!

I hate Kidz Bop, it's a CD that never should've been made. Plus, it's a rip-off of Now That's What I Call Music. All these kids do is take all our good songs and ruin them with their sassy and annoying kid voices, it is just so stupid and immature!!!! Not to mention, they also replace the bad words and sexual references with innocent words that make the lyrics make no sense. In other words, just save your money and go buy Now That's What I Call Music (like I said earlier).
Teen, 16 years old Written byAnimeIsAwesome808 July 25, 2013

Bleh.

This band ruins music. They ruin the good songs and as for the already bad ones, KB makes them WORSE. This band is annoying and talentless.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAsh2o13 July 2, 2013

WORST MUSIC BRAND EVER

ITS SO BAD WORST THUNG TO HAPPEN TO AMERICA AND THEY JUST RUIN SONGS FOR EVERYONE
Kid, 11 years old May 10, 2013

what the!

Kids bop is terrible. Their ads are just fun so you'll buy it. and the CD is more expensive than 2 cds together! Hey parents the ads are just lying and also the kids are anonymous so who knows who's singing it? it's slightly creepy. it gave my little brother nightmares for weeks! And also they said sung by kids for kids that not true if you even look a the lyrics at certain songs and see the story in the songs they're just plain hurtful and full of sexual references! Also you could just listen to the original song than paying $19 and listening it?! kids bop even lies to you! They said not sold in stores but go to target they have it!! And also the kids bop version sounds very grainy compared to the original singers! And also they copy songs without permission!
Kid, 12 years old May 3, 2013

KIDZ BOP SUCKS A*SE!

All it is is just a bunch of TEENAGERS singing edited off-key versions of already sh*tty songs.
Kid, 11 years old February 1, 2013

Great Cd

All of the crud people are saying about this is ridiculous. These are great cd's and they wouldn't be going on for so long if kids weren't buying these. I'm in fifth grade and I love Kidz Bop. These kids are amazing role models.
Teen, 13 years old Written byzaccarr113 January 27, 2013

racist

i think that kidzbop is a racist because they are singing songs that are all ready popular and it just make the singer of those songs just feel bad
Teen, 14 years old Written bymrbookworm01 December 16, 2012

Could be better, but.....

I've never bought one of these CDs, but i've listened to cover songs they've made online. While I feel some of the kids singing are good, there's a lot of songs they've covered that aren't very good (Ex. Kelly Clarkson's "Because Of You"). Also, some of the songs they have them sing are NOT meant for kids (Ex. Evanescence's "Bring Me To Life" and "My Immortal") They aren't inappropriate, but they have dark undertones most children wouldn't relate to. All together, I think Kidz Bop would be good if the singers were better and they cleaned the lyrics up better. Don't recommend it. Violence: Some songs describe physical violence (i.e. Pink's "So What") or mental suffering (i.e. Evanescence's "My Immortal") that most children won't relate to. Sex: Some songs involve sexual activities (most are censored out). But some questionable lyrics get through. Consumerism: Some products are advertised with the CDs (i.e. Comic book, tattoos, and stickers). Plus, there's a dance video game spin-off. Drinking: Most drug/drinking content in songs are censored out, but some slip by (i.e. The lyric "Now give me more, more, till I can't stand" is kept in their rendition of Nicki Minaj's "Starships")
Teen, 16 years old Written bylovzhisdad October 22, 2012

Very misleading title.

This is not "kids' music"! It's just songs that even adults shouldn't be hearing sung by kids! I would go as far as to say that all the songs here are just kid-sung versions of adult CD tracks like "Now that's what I call music 31"!(which they kinda are if you think about it). I would say the same thing about all the other CD's in the Kidz Bop franchise, the video game based on it, and the website based on it. plus, the CD's often have too-serious language, too many suggestive song lyrics, and too many scary or violence-themed song lyrics. Plus, most of the CD's are too commercial.
Kid, 11 years old September 8, 2012

DX

THEY ARE SO BAD THEY OFFICIALLY KILL SONGS PARTY ROCK ANTHEM IS 4862983752984767% LESS COOL BECAUSE IT WAS ON A KIDZ BOP ALBUM THEY ARE JUST WANNABE ROCKSTARS SINGING LIKE CR*P! SOMEONE SHOULD SUE THEM FOR COPYRIGHT REASONS! I only gave one star because I HAD to!
Teen, 16 years old Written byDuper_Drew August 10, 2012

Kidz Bop has hate for no REAL reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK for you idiots who bashed KB,the only reason why you hate Kidz Bop is because it's for KIDS! You have to read to name of the band! It's "Kidz Bop"! Not "Teenz Bop"! It even says "made by kids,for kids" in the commercials! I mean,some of the songs Kidz Bop uses are terrible,but most of them are AWESOME!!! BTW,the singers are just kids! They're supposed to have high pitched,squeaky voices!! You see,getting mad at kids for having high pitched voices is just as stupid as getting mad at an opera singer for having a deep voice!!!!!!! I'm a teen,but I babysit a lot and some kids I babysit ATUALLY ENJOY listening to Kidz Bop! Because...THEY'RE KIDS!!!! Kidz Bop most of the time has upbeat music (while sometimes they have lame music),make teen songs kid friendly,and only teen that have a LIFE can enjoy this music! I have a life,you morons DON'T! So in conclusion,I hope I taught you jerks a lesson! Because I swear to God,if you insult me,i'll edit my review,and retaliate by insulting you,to defend myself.I enjoy listening to Kidz Bop so SHUT UP! Enough said.
Kid, 11 years old July 23, 2012

I hate kidz bop....

They suck!!! They actually take verses out of the song and the voices are flat and BLLLLLLAAAAAAANNNNNDDDDDD. So if they were trying to compare to worthless crap like Justin Beiber, then mission accomplished.
Kid, 12 years old November 15, 2011

OMG

in "the lazy song" they mention "oh my god." This happened in the new kidzbop cd
Kid, 10 years old August 10, 2011

the suck

u shoulnt listen 2 it
Teen, 14 years old Written byzachmorris148 August 7, 2011

Younger kids might enjoy, but, it's basically an epic fail...

So, where do I start? Let's think this over. The year is 2001 and the creators of Kidz Bop are thinking "let's take some of today's popular music, take all of the inappropriate lines out, get kids to sing it, and sell it to kidz!" Sounds like a good idea, right? I guess, but first of all the creators did not do as well a job as they could have of taking the inappropriate lines out, although most of the inappropriate stuff that was left in would probably go way over kids heads. And plus, the popular songs our made for older teens and adults, so it's gonna be hard to take stuff that children should not hear out. And it seems like they went around the country, looking for the kids that sing the worst and put them on the CDs. The kids vocals are horrible and the cover artists don't do good either. And the instrumentation is seriously lacking. So, parents, do not waste your money on this, because only younger kids around ages 5-8 will really enjoy it and you wont!!!