All member reviews for Let Go

Confessional pop-rock, catchy tunes tap into teen angst.

Teen, 14 years old Written bynazz4ever September 15, 2009

she says ass one time otherwise the cds great...
Teen, 15 years old Written bybigair January 6, 2010

No language to be concerned of on this album. Most words aren't words you'd find offensive to those most intrested in listening (d**n, a*s). Brief drug refrence (also nothing to be concerned about). More good stuff than bad stuff here.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymikee990 April 9, 2008

A good cd for 10+

This cd is worth it if you like punk-rock and pop-rock. The whole cd is clean except for track 4 which every 20-40 seconds says it's that d-mn cold night. If you think you or your kids can take it, it's worth it.
Adult Written byxsum41x April 9, 2008

You need this album!

In Avril’s very first album, she stole the hearts of millions of teenagers worldwide. In this very album, she carved her identity in history forever. This album is the very reason Avril is who she is today. Despite being a young teenager, Avril Lavigne done something the majority of people her age could never do. She spilled her innermost thoughts; her biggest regrets; her happiest and darkest feelings onto paper for the whole world to see, and used her amazing musical talents to make millions from it. Today, she might say “Complicated” is just a stupid song about a failed teenage relationship, but it was with this very track that all those people still listen to her today. Although I can’t say I like every song on this album, I can say that each and every track is worth a whole-hearted listen. “Sk8er Boi”, the instant classic, “I’m Nobodies Fool” and “Losing Grip” remain my three favourites to this very day. My least favourite track has to be “Some Things I’ll Never Say”, a slightly irritating track that I still steer clear of putting on my ipod. But as a whole, this album is an excellent homage to Avril’s sheer diversity in music; one minute, you could be rocking along to a fast, instantly lovable anthem, the next, getting your anger out by singing along with a hate-filled power-ballad. I may be only one person , but I would recommend this record to anybody who feels some sort of disfunction in their life. So get a copy, sit back, relax, and Let Go.
Teen, 16 years old Written byHoldy July 5, 2014

12 years old and I'm still listening to it on repeat.

If right now my whole music library disappeared and I had $1.29 I would buy Anything But Ordinairy.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMaya13 August 9, 2012

Excellent songs

This abulm was released when I was 3.
Kid, 11 years old January 12, 2012

GO AVRIL

This is a great first album by her. Love all of her music, but this on really speaks to me.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLittleMinajWarrior December 18, 2011

A wonderful start for Avril Lavigne!

This is a great start for Avril Lavigne. Complicated is the best! This album is so fun. Normally singers' first albums aren't this good, but she's like Ke$ha, Nicki, and Gaga, their first albums are awesome!!! She is truly amazing, the only language is "d*mn". This album has great messages and she stays true to herself. She was a tomboy back in these days. This album is incredible! No issues to it!
Teen, 13 years old Written bysusieboo June 27, 2011

Fun

I like the song "Complicated" (it's about being yourself), but my favorite is Sk8er Boi, which is about a girl who deemed a punk unworthy of her love, but later realizes she made a mistake, and wants him after all. Too bad for her, since he's ended up with a girl who loves him for who he is.
Teen, 15 years old Written byChristian gurl April 25, 2011

Kid, 12 years old December 18, 2010

Perfect for Teens and Tweens, Not for younger ones.

Im 12 and im in LOVE with this album. But for younger kids i dont reccomend this album because some songs like "Naked" talk about some sexual stuff. But if your child under 12 wants this, buy it and talk to them about listening to specific songs.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAnimeAelita November 20, 2009

"I'm nobody's fool"...

One bad word in My Wolrd, "got fired by fried chicken ass" But the rest of the songs are geat! :) I've been listening to her since this CD came out, but I just recently got this CD [my brother was selling all his old CDs that he doesnt listen to anymore- and it was one of the few that didn't sell-mainly cuz it wasn't in that great condition-but it plays fine] ^_^ She's different from most female singers out there - complete opposite of Britney [thats good] :) I recamend this CD highly :)
Teen, 14 years old Written byKaty0 October 13, 2009

Mediocre

Not much objectionable content, however "Let Go" is devoid of creativity.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrainpuddle September 2, 2009

Best Cd ever

This CD rox! I love the songs Sk8ter Boi,Complicated, and Losing grip.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysara4ever95 February 17, 2009
Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008

I like sk8er boi.

The only song i really like is sk8er boi. The rest have good messages but i just really like sk8ter boi. *starts singing quietly* he was a skater boy i'll talk to you later boy...
Adult Written byForknose April 9, 2008

Prodigy?

She ain't a stupendous song writer. She can't write something as catchy as that song "The Metro" by Berlin the Cars' "Bye Bye Love." Maybe if she would scream more and start rocking harder she would be better.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymc2004 April 9, 2008

An Excellent Album

Avril Lavigne's "Let Go" is a wonderful CD and is perhaps one of the best albums of 2002. There are no violence or drug references. As for sex, there is one off color line about a single mother in "Sk8er Boi", but it's doubtful that the target demographic of this album (pre-teens) will even notice. Language is iffy, as one chorus repeats "d***" and two other songs use that word as well as "a**". Social behavior is good, as Lavigne offers a "cover up" image for girls and an anti drug message which both girls and boys should take note of.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysockeye-salmon April 9, 2008

Meh

Some song are just plain annoying (like Sk8er Boi) but some are very agreeable (I'm with You). Some of the problems are that most of her voice is computer generated (this always gets on my nerves), and you can hear her breathe. Overall an okay CD.
Teen, 15 years old Written bylman1023 April 9, 2008