All parent member reviews for Let Go

Adult Written byxsum41x April 9, 2008

You need this album!

In Avril’s very first album, she stole the hearts of millions of teenagers worldwide. In this very album, she carved her identity in history forever. This album is the very reason Avril is who she is today. Despite being a young teenager, Avril Lavigne done something the majority of people her age could never do. She spilled her innermost thoughts; her biggest regrets; her happiest and darkest feelings onto paper for the whole world to see, and used her amazing musical talents to make millions from it. Today, she might say “Complicated” is just a stupid song about a failed teenage relationship, but it was with this very track that all those people still listen to her today. Although I can’t say I like every song on this album, I can say that each and every track is worth a whole-hearted listen. “Sk8er Boi”, the instant classic, “I’m Nobodies Fool” and “Losing Grip” remain my three favourites to this very day. My least favourite track has to be “Some Things I’ll Never Say”, a slightly irritating track that I still steer clear of putting on my ipod. But as a whole, this album is an excellent homage to Avril’s sheer diversity in music; one minute, you could be rocking along to a fast, instantly lovable anthem, the next, getting your anger out by singing along with a hate-filled power-ballad. I may be only one person , but I would recommend this record to anybody who feels some sort of disfunction in their life. So get a copy, sit back, relax, and Let Go.
Adult Written byForknose April 9, 2008

Prodigy?

She ain't a stupendous song writer. She can't write something as catchy as that song "The Metro" by Berlin the Cars' "Bye Bye Love." Maybe if she would scream more and start rocking harder she would be better.
Adult Written byFionaandBelle April 9, 2008

I love this song

This songs rocks! I love this song. I love Avril Lavigne! She is sooo cool. 5 Stars! Thanks, Tonya
Adult Written byJerome April 9, 2008

It's Not That Complicated

Just when the world of music was being bombarded with bubblegum pop, along came Avril Lavigne. You must have already heard her infatuating debut single, Complicated, a mid-tempo pop song about staying true to yourself--either that or you've been living under a rock for a while. With her tie adorned tank top and camo pants signature, Lavigne seeks for something different, as she confesses in Anything but Ordinary (Is it enough to die? Somebody save my life! I'd rather be anything but ordinary please). The seventeen year old drop-out chick from Napanee, Ontario will tell you to fuck off if you ask her to trade her so-called "anti-Britney" attitude to sexy bare-your-soul outfits. Let Go is a collection of pop rock songs with oh-so catchy melodies à la once-you-hear-it-you-will-not-forget-it. Fruit of collaborations with The Matrix, Clif Magness, Sabelle Breer, Peter Zizzo and Curt Frasca, Let Go succeeds in delivering something fresh yet not rubbish to our ears. Losing Grip and Unwanted could have been songs Alanis Morissette would have dedicated to her early hearbreakers at the age of seventeen. I'm With You and Tomorrow are acoustic guitar driven pseudo-lullabies; the former being a proof this girl can actually sing, while the latter may easily be heard in a TV series for its sweet melodies and Lavigne's ear-friendly mellow voice. Forget the grammar for a while in Sk8er boi and give in to its punk-ish tunes. She sure may not be your next sexy obsession, but Avril Lavigne is sure destined to conquer the charts. Forget the words one hit wonder when thinking about Lavigne, because this girl will be around for a while.
Adult Written byDexterSmith April 9, 2008