All member reviews for Let Go

Confessional pop-rock, catchy tunes tap into teen angst.

Teen, 17 years old Written byfrisko April 9, 2008
Adult Written byFionaandBelle April 9, 2008

I love this song

This songs rocks! I love this song. I love Avril Lavigne! She is sooo cool. 5 Stars! Thanks, Tonya
Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviecritic April 9, 2008

Great Artist

Avril Lavigne is very amazing with music. this was her first CD and she was awesome, and STILL is. The language is pretty mild (@$$) for example. ITS JUST GREAT GO BUY IT IF YOU HAVEN'T YET!
Teen, 13 years old Written byJoshjb April 9, 2008

The almost-perfect debut album.

Let Go is definitely one of the best debut albums out there. With songs like "My World" and "Mobile" it really shows how Avril is just a simple girl who grew up in a small town, and just moved into the real world. But that's not all the album is about. Her main inspiration came from her relationships. Good - "I'm With You", "Things I'll Never Say" and the smashing hit "Sk8r Boi". And bad - "Losing Grip", "Unwanted" and her no. 1 debut single, "Complicated". Most of her songs are in the Rock/Skater-Rock genres, but not all. "I'm With You" is a fan-favorite ballad, which is also the fourth single off of "Let Go". Yet there are some songs that are not as fan-favorite as others, overall, it's an album worth buying. Avril Lavigne speaks her mind, and has proved with this album, that she's Nobody's Fool.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBeluu April 9, 2008

Gret breakthrough

This album, which is the first of the girl who’s been proclaimed as the “punk princess” is a very well achieved pop record. The melodies and lyrics of the songs written by Avril herself tell us about the life of a teenager who’s been brought up in a small town and has always dreamt of something more. Ballads like the successful “I’m with you” and the beautiful “Tomorrow” show us a great talent and voice which blended together make a ballad you can’t miss. The harder, rockier songs show how much of a rock chick Avril is, although she’d be better defined as a pop artist. The only song that seems to be a little “off topic” is “Nobody’s fool” which has some rap influences but is not as well achieved as its rockier sisters. It still is a nice song to listen at certain times.
Adult Written byJerome April 9, 2008

It's Not That Complicated

Just when the world of music was being bombarded with bubblegum pop, along came Avril Lavigne. You must have already heard her infatuating debut single, Complicated, a mid-tempo pop song about staying true to yourself--either that or you've been living under a rock for a while. With her tie adorned tank top and camo pants signature, Lavigne seeks for something different, as she confesses in Anything but Ordinary (Is it enough to die? Somebody save my life! I'd rather be anything but ordinary please). The seventeen year old drop-out chick from Napanee, Ontario will tell you to fuck off if you ask her to trade her so-called "anti-Britney" attitude to sexy bare-your-soul outfits. Let Go is a collection of pop rock songs with oh-so catchy melodies à la once-you-hear-it-you-will-not-forget-it. Fruit of collaborations with The Matrix, Clif Magness, Sabelle Breer, Peter Zizzo and Curt Frasca, Let Go succeeds in delivering something fresh yet not rubbish to our ears. Losing Grip and Unwanted could have been songs Alanis Morissette would have dedicated to her early hearbreakers at the age of seventeen. I'm With You and Tomorrow are acoustic guitar driven pseudo-lullabies; the former being a proof this girl can actually sing, while the latter may easily be heard in a TV series for its sweet melodies and Lavigne's ear-friendly mellow voice. Forget the grammar for a while in Sk8er boi and give in to its punk-ish tunes. She sure may not be your next sexy obsession, but Avril Lavigne is sure destined to conquer the charts. Forget the words one hit wonder when thinking about Lavigne, because this girl will be around for a while.
Adult Written byDexterSmith April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byxToTheEndx April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byAustinA123 April 9, 2008

Great CD from Avril Lavigne.

I LOVE Avril Lavigne, so, I love this CD. Like her others, it has messages in MOST of the songs, such as 'Too Much to Ask', or 'Complicated'. But some, like, "Sk8er Boi" are purely fun, (but also 'Sk8er Boi' has a small message to not judge people on the outside) The only curse word in this ENTIRE CD is 'ass'. There is a play on words in "Thing's I'll Never Say" (If I could say what I wanna say, I'd say I'd wanna blow you....away/If I could say what I wanna see, I'd say I wanna see you go down...on one knee.) Avril is VERY talented, as a singer, a songwriter, and a producer. Buy this CD!