All member reviews for "Lights" (CD Single)

Kid, 12 years old January 4, 2014

Ellie Goulding - Lights

Great album, most tracks are good but one track "Under the Sheets" is about the ups and down of sexual relationships which wouldn't be suitable for young kids. Nice catchy tunes though, but some "clean-cut" songs have other meanings, for example, "Starry Eyed" has the line "next thing, we're touching" repeating quite a lot of the song, most kids would ignore it though
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus September 6, 2012

Love it!

Great song. Nothing inappropriate.
Teen, 13 years old Written byWhatTheDeuce August 19, 2012

Best song ever people

This is a truly amazing song. I love it so much, I never get tired of it. It's amazing and not shallow like Ke$ha's "music". It has a deep message and is an exciting song. It goes great with Doctor Who! This song is NOT about touching herself! She says "touch my own skin and hope that I'll still be there". So seeing if you exist! Like in a life-death situation or sci-fi thing.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDelasi August 15, 2012

Epic Song

This is a really good, addicting song. Its not suggestive and a kid of any age can listen to it without repeating anything bad like in Britney Spears "If u seek amy"
Kid, 11 years old August 7, 2013

Awesome song :))

Great song! Some people with some what perverted minds might think that the lyrics "touch my own skin" is making references to sex, but guess what IT'S NOT. I think families that have children that are listening to this song and are interpreting the lyrics mgith want to know that if you consider "touch my own skin" sex, then there's one lyric with sexual content. Otherwise, the clean song is one of the best songs on her album. If you like this song, I would buy her other album, Halcyon.
Teen, 17 years old Written byRosebud95 January 25, 2013

Catchy :)

It's a decent song :)
Teen, 15 years old Written byrebma97 January 24, 2013

Really catchy, cool song :)

"Lights" is a catchy and fun song; you will have a hard time getting it out of your head (at least I do). Ellie Goulding is an amazing singer who's voice is so pure and angelic. And the song has a subtle message about facing your fears ("You show the lights that stop me turn to stone/you shine them when I'm alone"). To top it off, there's nothing inappropriate in this song. How great is that?
Teen, 14 years old Written byali98 January 10, 2013

Ellie Goulding

ellie goulding isnt about drugs and other stuff like that her titles also have nothing to do with the meanings of her songs...if you are worried about her song Under The Sheets its not about sex but about being in a bad realation ship thats not very spirtual...Ellie is one of my favourite singers.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKit-Kat Girl October 7, 2012

Awesome Song, Nothing Wrong With It

Shame on you, Common Sense Media. I don't know what the heck you think is wrong with this song. It's clean, has no sex, violence or language, and is catchy and pretty at the same time. I love Ellie Goulding, her voice is phenomenal. So how is it inappropriate for 2-5 year olds? It won't negatively influence them in any way! You arrogant reviewers act like you know everything about kids. You don't. My parents play the radio in the car on road trips, and we always get to hear all the top 40 hits, even if it's sexy! And FYI, I have a two brothers, 4 and 9 years old, and neither if them know what sex is. So if a girl hears a Lady Gaga song she'll run of with her boyfriend and get knocked up? Then she has some real issues. The most kids do when they hear songs are try to sing along! This website is as trashy and vulgar as you claim all these musicians to be. Sorry for the rant.
Kid, 10 years old August 9, 2012

Catchy.

This song is very catchy, and it has a good message about conquering your fears. I can't really say much, since there's nothing bad in the song. -Samantha (chocolatecake123)
Kid, 12 years old August 5, 2012

Great Song, Do Not Recommend Her Other Songs

This is a great song! Before I this song I heard other songs from her... And there not the most appropriate ever. But when i heard this song i fell in love with it. I do not recommend her other songs for kids but this one i do.
Teen, 15 years old Written byraka73 July 18, 2012

Love Ellie!

I love this song! I'm 15 and I've known about Ellie for almost a year now and she's my favorite pop star. While most musician dress in skimpy outfits, she dressed quiet modestly in all of her videos. I'm so glad she's finally getting popular in America, because she's so talented. Though you may not realize it, this song is about her fear of the dark, and how she feels safer in the light. But's it's also about getting over that fear. If you listen to some of the lyrics in this song (Such as: "And I'm not sleeping now/The dark is too hard to beat/And I'm not keeping up the strength I need to push me" and "Noises I play within my head/Touch my own skin and hope that I'll still be there") are a bit dark, but not the darkest of her songs. Over all I'm happy she's getting noticed and she's a positive role model for girls. If you like this song, you should listen to her whole album. :)
Teen, 16 years old Written bylilywoodslemonade July 18, 2012

Two Slight Concerns

While I love Ellie Goulding and her music, I will caution parents, because there are two things that concern me a little. In one song, "Lights", she makes a comment about touching herself. Ummm....? Also, one of her songs is called "Under The Sheets". Do I really have to tell you what this song is about? Look up the lyrics if you want.
Kid, 11 years old May 29, 2012

My favorite song!

I love this song! I saw this on the pop countdown and have loved it ever since, and you will too! The video has many kinds of shiny lights!!!:):):)