All member reviews for "Little Talks" (CD Single)

Clean, danceable pop-rock from rising Icelandic superstars.

Kid, 10 years old April 27, 2013

Good job!

I like this rock ballad. It tells about a lost love. You can dance along to it, and it happens to be really, really catchy.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySnowdrifter March 29, 2013

Warning! Overprotective parents ahead.

I saw some parents saying that "ship" sounded like sh**. I also noticed somebody said that Icelandic people shouldn't be able to say ship because it sounds like sh**. That could come across as offensive, just saying. They don't mean sh**. They mean ship. The lyric is: "Though the truth may vary, this ship will carry our bodies safe to shore." Ship makes a bit more sense, am I right? Yes. Also it's not indie pop. It's more folk rock, ish. Oh yeah, letting go of a lost love is NOT something that kids need to be shielded from. In fact, it should be something that should be discussed. If a loved one dies, is the kid going to understand? Not really. A young child is probably not going to get what the lyrics mean anyway. Of Monsters and Men = best band ever.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypoohfan11 December 22, 2013

Good song

Very good song, great lyrics and great music.
Adult Written byJWilliams303 March 27, 2013

Such an amazing song from an amazing band

When I heard this song on the radio, I fell in love with it and would always hope that they would play it again on the radio sometime soon so I could hear it again. Then when I saw the album for $10 at Target, I decided to get it to see how their album in general sounds. All in all the album is amazing!! I recommend it for anyone who are big fans of indie rock singers like Mumford and Sons or The Lumineers (also bands that are great). This song is amazing and never really gets annoying to hear on the radio a billion times like most songs would be if they overplay them...I do hope they'll play more of their songs on the radio though because this band deserves to get good recognition like they did with this song.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus March 20, 2013

Not my taste.

I personally don't like this song, but I suppose some people might like it. In the chorus of the song it says "this ship" and it sound like they're saying "sh-t"! I finally took the time to look up the lyrics and figured it out.
Educator Written byunikkorns March 13, 2013

Sensitive Issues

The review for this song fails to explain that it is about a (possibly old) couple going through a struggle with Mental Illness and discussing their inevitable Death, where they will be together as they once were, when they were young, before the Mental Illness separated them. It could be Alzheimer's, Dementia, Schizophrenia, or something else that the woman is going through, but she talks about losing grips with reality, and the man is trying to comfort her as he witnesses her slipping away. "Woman: And some days I can't even trust myself Man: It's killing me to see you this way" "Woman: Some days I don't know if I am wrong or right Man: Your mind is playing tricks on you, my dear" The man talks about how the woman is too far gone in her mental capacity, and they will "meet again soon" when they've both passed away. "You're gone, gone, gone away I watched you disappear All that's left is the ghost of you. Now we're torn, torn, torn apart, There's nothing we can do Just let me go we'll meet again soon" And this is a more literal meaning for meeting again in Death: "'Cause though the truth may vary This ship will carry our bodies safe to shore" Younger kids will most likely not understand the meaning of the song. Older ones might question some things. 'Bodies' is the word that stands out to me, since its connotation most likely brings Death to mind. The song contains no bad words, no violence or sex. If that's all you're looking for, then the song is fine. But the issues of Mental Illness and Death may be sensitive topics for Parents to address.