All parent member reviews for "Little Talks" (CD Single)

Adult Written byJWilliams303 March 27, 2013

Such an amazing song from an amazing band

When I heard this song on the radio, I fell in love with it and would always hope that they would play it again on the radio sometime soon so I could hear it again. Then when I saw the album for $10 at Target, I decided to get it to see how their album in general sounds. All in all the album is amazing!! I recommend it for anyone who are big fans of indie rock singers like Mumford and Sons or The Lumineers (also bands that are great). This song is amazing and never really gets annoying to hear on the radio a billion times like most songs would be if they overplay them...I do hope they'll play more of their songs on the radio though because this band deserves to get good recognition like they did with this song.
Educator Written byunikkorns March 13, 2013

Sensitive Issues

The review for this song fails to explain that it is about a (possibly old) couple going through a struggle with Mental Illness and discussing their inevitable Death, where they will be together as they once were, when they were young, before the Mental Illness separated them. It could be Alzheimer's, Dementia, Schizophrenia, or something else that the woman is going through, but she talks about losing grips with reality, and the man is trying to comfort her as he witnesses her slipping away. "Woman: And some days I can't even trust myself Man: It's killing me to see you this way" "Woman: Some days I don't know if I am wrong or right Man: Your mind is playing tricks on you, my dear" The man talks about how the woman is too far gone in her mental capacity, and they will "meet again soon" when they've both passed away. "You're gone, gone, gone away I watched you disappear All that's left is the ghost of you. Now we're torn, torn, torn apart, There's nothing we can do Just let me go we'll meet again soon" And this is a more literal meaning for meeting again in Death: "'Cause though the truth may vary This ship will carry our bodies safe to shore" Younger kids will most likely not understand the meaning of the song. Older ones might question some things. 'Bodies' is the word that stands out to me, since its connotation most likely brings Death to mind. The song contains no bad words, no violence or sex. If that's all you're looking for, then the song is fine. But the issues of Mental Illness and Death may be sensitive topics for Parents to address.