All parent member reviews for "Live While We're Young" (CD Single)

Parent of a 11 and 17 year old Written byHeartandSoul5 October 13, 2012

Great Job Boys!

It's very clean and all, but the song meaning is totally not good for our kids to know. The song has a catchy tune, but it's not the greatest message in life. Live While We're Young is basically just telling everyone that they should do anything that might not seem right before you're an adult, even though the boys of One Direction are already Young Adults, and therefore making the music for people who are mature enough, like tweens & teens.
Parent of a 13 and 18 year old Written byYoung@heart October 10, 2012

Almost appropriate, but beware.

This song is really fun but there are some sexual innuendos like, "I know we've just met, but let's pretend it's love." The chorus says, "Tonight, let's get some! And live while we're young." The video is really fun and clean.
Adult Written byParamayerswift October 17, 2012

Direction Disappoints...Unsurprising. "A Good Life is a Racy Life"

Fun song by young boys, some of them not old enough to club. It's a blatant song about a party-guided one night stand. "I know we only met but let's pretend it's LOVE. We'll never, ever stop for anyone! Let's get some!" Throw in lyrics about sneaking the prey out, and pics on the phone, you've got an awful song for young girls. NOT for kids, NOT for young girls. Don't want these boys playing models for boyfriends. I'd be damned if any girl I know ended up with one of these tattooed, drunk-in-the-studio, one night stand boys. TERRIBLE role models. If your kid's into them, check out their blogs. You'll be surprised they're not the darling British princes Cowell marketed them to be. Can we get one song that doesn't put Life and Acceptance on the same plate?