All member reviews for London Calling

Punk rebels fuse aggressive rock with Jamaican roots music.

Adult Written byhiimcarolyn November 24, 2012

Can't believe no one reviewed this yet!

This has to be one of the greatest albums out there, regardless of the genre. I wouldn't say there's too much parents need to watch out for or worry about. There are some pretty gritty songs on here that discuss drugs and violence, like "The Guns of Brixton". "London Calling," which is probably the album's best track, has lyrics that sound apocalyptic ("the ice age is coming, the sun's zooming in..."). There's not much sexual content but "Lover's Rock" does mention taking off clothes, and not needing a thing "she had to swallow". There's also songs such as "I'm Not Down," where the basic message is don't give up and don't let life keep you down for long. Overall this should be an album to be listened to at least once; The Clash wasn't called "The Only Band That Mattered" for nothing!
Kid, 11 years old October 25, 2015

Dear, people that have been saying its bad. It's not! There's one small f-bomb and one JC but it's tucked away/ mumbled and you won't hear it. So if your kid wants the album, get it for them. This is the first album I got for my record player, now excuse me while I go get a tea and spin the APPROPRIATE record :)