All member reviews for Loose

Teen, 17 years old Written bylyk totally April 9, 2008

cool

This is a really good artist. Nelly is awesome in many ways. My favorite song is 'Say it right' I just hope Nelly would keep up the good work! Woo go Nelly!
Teen, 16 years old Written byevolinag August 18, 2013

More mainstream album of Furtado is still very good. Some sexual lyrics.

It is hard to compare "Loose" to Furtado's last album, since it's like a change of 180 degrees. While its preceeder was an off-beat alternative to contemporary pop, "Loose" is much more focused on the mainstream music of its time. What you can say about this album is that Nelly Furtado has not lost any of her power, even though the change of genre. She brings up granades like "Say it Right" or "All Good Things (Come to an End)", which are both catchy and surprisingly calm - even though the first one has a beat that has Timbaland written all over it, who usually makes a more upbeat sound. This is all accompanied by a bunch of dancable and memorable club tunes, like "Promiscuous" or "Maneater", even though nowaday's kids should not except a techno-pop sound like Pitbull. Still, compared to her former masterpiece "Folklore", "Loose" has a few weaker tracks, like "Do It" or "No Hay Igual", that are just fine, but not outstanding. But overall, the amount of great music overshadows the album's so-so tracks. --- "Loose" is not foul-mouthed or too graphic in sex, but there is a song called "Promiscuous", which is about what the title suggests, but in a rather flirt-ish manner than really graphic. Should be no problem for teens.
Teen, 15 years old Written byThe Review Guy May 18, 2012

Nelly goes loose in this danceable,sexy but fun album

Parents need to know that teen-favorite Nelly Furtado release's her new album Loose which is different from other usually tame albums with an edgier sound,also expect some very sexy lines,and the occasional swear word("s**t"),making this an iffy choice for young teens. Messages:Positive 0/5 Though some songs have a mixed bag of messages,overall the messages aren't positive or negative,just too mature for kids,as some songs have to do with hooking up. Role Models:Positive 2/5 By keeping her personal life clean and problem-free and having a unique touch in her music,Nelly Furtado sets a great example of a role model. Violence:0/5 Not an issue Sex:3/5 A couple of Very Sexy lines and talk of hooking up. Language:3/5 The Occasional Swear Word "S**t". Consumerism:2/5 Some Brand names Rolex. Drinking,Drugs and Smoking:Not an issue Is it any Good:With the help of guest vocals from Timbaland and a sound unlike anything in Pop music,LOOSE is the kind of album everyone wanted to see from Nelly Furtado.With song's like "Maneater","Promiscuous",and "Glow" having a certain sound that'll have you dancing and singing along with the lyrics,and Furtado manages to keep her soft songs on spot with songs like "All Good Things",and it's delivered with excellent vocals from Furtado herself.Add it all up and it makes LOOSE one of Furtado's more memoriable albums to come out.
Kid, 10 years old August 9, 2010

i like it...

I really like her songs. One of her songs saids the s-h word....also one of her other song talks about a lose i think...lol
Teen, 15 years old Written byTexaspink13 April 9, 2008

Listen to this and you will like it!!

OMG guys and girls!!! This whole cd is the best thing ever!!! If you haven't listened to this cd yet you don't know what you are missing!! I hope that you get the chance to listen to this cd!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bypurplecatroo April 9, 2008

Terrible

Terrible. Very unhealtly attitude when it comes to lust!
Teen, 14 years old Written bykintaro April 9, 2008

I got excited

I love nelly she is a pretty girl and I want to meet her in real life she looks better with straight hair.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

I love It

oh my this is the best ever I love it so much I cant stop listning to it,it is in my stereo right now!
Teen, 15 years old Written bykiim taylor April 9, 2008