All member reviews for Love. Angel. Music. Baby.

Raunchy attitude along with playful fun.

Parent Written byChristy Deckys April 9, 2008

Written byAnonymous August 24, 2011

There's a parental tag for a reason.

Just don't listen to the music if you don't like it. Sure there is a lot of cursing in Hollerback Girl, but if you don't like the music don't bother listening to it. I love the songs Luxurious, and What You Waiting For. Classic
Teen, 14 years old Written bydr duck March 12, 2011

Ex Rockstar brings on the love.

This album never actually feels explicit. There is some language and innuendo, but honestly, it never seems to push it to the extreme. All of these songs have positive messages, such as loving yourself and seeing the world differently. Even anti-racism lines. This is a fantastic album for teens and adults.
Teen, 14 years old Written byshadow0896 October 13, 2010

such a cool song and album
Teen, 14 years old Written by96grlpowrCE August 13, 2010

Very, very good music.

This is a very good CD. I listened to these songs when I was about nine or ten, but most kids probably shouldn't listen to it-- particularly Hollaback Girl, which is a great song, but repeats the 's' word a lot-- until they're at least preteens. =P
Kid, 9 years old December 22, 2009

It Is a bad song. They say s--t and hell. Ass Hole too. The songs are bad.
Teen, 13 years old Written byParamoreFan09 December 3, 2009

Super fun L.A.M.B!!!

I LOVE all the songs except Hollaback Girl. Really fun dance songs!
Teen, 13 years old Written bysara4ever95 May 9, 2009

Kid, 10 years old March 19, 2009

what??!!

who are u kidding hollaback girl say s*** like 32 freakin time
Teen, 16 years old Written byScrumdidilyumptious April 9, 2008

Terrific, poppy fun...

Many know of Gwen Stefani- lead singer of No Doubt as- what else? The lead singer of No Doubt. Now, she is single and great. "Love, Angel, Music, Baby" is a terrific, poppy, CD with tons of great hits. However, Stefani is not afraid to use a particular word- $#!T, so, you might want to use some caution with the very young ones.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymc2004 April 9, 2008

All Hail Queen Gwen

She's done it. Gwen Stefani, that girl from No Doubt, has created a solo album that exceeds all expectations. Is it for kids? No, not exactly. There are a few sexual references, especially on Bubble Pop Electric and Crash. Hollaback Girl is an amazing piece of musical genius, and the best song on the album, but it's buried under at least ten s-words (ironically, it's the only song with any profanity). Commercialism is also an issue, for within the lyrics she talks about her clothing line, Lamb, and the Japanese fashion style of Harajuku. I said social behavior was good. In a world of oversexed Parises, trashy Britneys, and talentless Hilarys, you're lucky if your daughter has Gwen for a role model. No, she's not squeaky clean, but she is very smart and creates intriguing, original pop music. Job well done, Ms. Stefani.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008

A whole lotta language, especially in "Hollaback Girl" And you gotta wonder what the relationship is between Stefani and her crew of Asian women. Not for kids.
Adult Written byjduran April 9, 2008

Great Pop Album (for Adults)

Gwen masks sexual innuendo, drug refrences and commercialism rather well and it would probably fly over a child's head, however some songs are probably innapropriate for kids like "Hollaback Girl," "Bubble Pop Electric," "Luxurious" and "Crash." I think it's pretty obvious Gwen didn't intend the CD to be for the young tweens. "Bubble Pop Electric" takes the cake by how she is going to "run it like a track meet" in the backseat of a car. However, next to "What You Waiting For?" its probably to the best song on the album.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKasey April 9, 2008

awsoome

omg this is like awsome for kidz not violent at all best album ever love ya gwen
Teen, 15 years old Written byShelbyBubbles April 9, 2008

Well...

I think it's a fun CD, especially for kids my age. Teenagers understand what Miss Stefani is talking about, and they brush it off. It's not kids singing along to church tracks, but the album is no 50 Cent shoot-em-up either. I think it is perfectly appropriate for teenagers, but not for kids.
Adult Written byhappy77801 April 9, 2008

t

This CD is really good. Kids under 13 can listen to censored versions of the mostly clean songs, but I would keep them away from the ones where the whole theme is inapporpriate. I definitely recommend this to kids 13+ P.S.What IS the relationship between Gwen and the Harajuku girls? Most people would never even think about it.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviecritic April 9, 2008

B-A-N-A-N-A-S!!!

I LOVE THIS CD. I BOUGHT IT LIKE TWO YEARS AGO AND IT IS PROB MY FAVE EVA!! HOLLABACK GIRL IS THE ONLY SONG THAT HAS ANY LANGUAGE IN IT AND THE SONG IS FILLED WITH S-WORDS, BUT IT IS A GREAT SONG TO DANCE TO. I TOTALLY RECCOMEND THIS!!!
Adult Written byMichael G. April 9, 2008

Gwen Gwen rocks my socks (literally)...

I love Gwen Stefani. One of my all time faves, "Cool", among with several other huge hits ("Rich Girl", "Hollaback Girl", "What're You Waiting For", and "Crash") are featured on Gwen's debut, "Love.Angel.Music.Baby.". This album is the best bubbly pop of all time, in my opinion (it even beats out "...Baby One More Time".) Even the non-singles are wonderful tunes. "Serious", "Danger Zone", and "Real Thing" are hidden gems of the album. I personally think that "Real Thing" is the best song on the album..RIGHT AFTER "Cool"! The only bad fillers on the album are "Bubblegum Electric" (...I still have no clue what that song's about) and "We've Got A Long Way To Go", which is a very, very, very disturbing song...very disturbing. =P And neither one of those songs are unbearable, I just wish they...made a little more sense. I definitly don't like the lyrics of the music on Gwen's solos. They make little sense, and some are very...interesting/disgusting/weird (*cough* Hollaback Girl *cough*). This album is definitly worth the buy! Sorry, Madonna, move over! There's a new Queen in town!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byIain April 9, 2008

I love Gwen Stefani!!!!!! Whoohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This album is way better than "Sweet Escape". =p It has great great songs like: "Rich Girl", "Hollaback Girl" (despite the overuse of the s word), "Cool" (one of the best ballads of all time), "The Real Thing" (a hidden treasure of the album!! =P), and "Serious", which is a groovin song. The only bad songs, in my opinion, are "Crash" (very annoying, and...sick...yah...) and "Bubblepop Electric", a really bad filler that makes...no since at all...?? O_o "Danger Zone" is a pretty good song..."Luxorious" is...not that great..."Harajuku Girls" is good song! "We've Got A Long Way To Go" scares me a little, but it makes me wanna dance when I hear it?!?! Gwen rocks...buy this album...it is worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And if you're trying to decide whether to buy "Sweet Escape" or this album, um...don't even think about getting "Sweet Escape"!! Cause this album is "DA BOMB!!" =P