All parent member reviews for Love. Angel. Music. Baby.

Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008

A whole lotta language, especially in "Hollaback Girl" And you gotta wonder what the relationship is between Stefani and her crew of Asian women. Not for kids.
Adult Written byjduran April 9, 2008

Great Pop Album (for Adults)

Gwen masks sexual innuendo, drug refrences and commercialism rather well and it would probably fly over a child's head, however some songs are probably innapropriate for kids like "Hollaback Girl," "Bubble Pop Electric," "Luxurious" and "Crash." I think it's pretty obvious Gwen didn't intend the CD to be for the young tweens. "Bubble Pop Electric" takes the cake by how she is going to "run it like a track meet" in the backseat of a car. However, next to "What You Waiting For?" its probably to the best song on the album.
Parent Written byChristy Deckys April 9, 2008

Adult Written byhappy77801 April 9, 2008

t

This CD is really good. Kids under 13 can listen to censored versions of the mostly clean songs, but I would keep them away from the ones where the whole theme is inapporpriate. I definitely recommend this to kids 13+ P.S.What IS the relationship between Gwen and the Harajuku girls? Most people would never even think about it.
Adult Written byMichael G. April 9, 2008

Gwen Gwen rocks my socks (literally)...

I love Gwen Stefani. One of my all time faves, "Cool", among with several other huge hits ("Rich Girl", "Hollaback Girl", "What're You Waiting For", and "Crash") are featured on Gwen's debut, "Love.Angel.Music.Baby.". This album is the best bubbly pop of all time, in my opinion (it even beats out "...Baby One More Time".) Even the non-singles are wonderful tunes. "Serious", "Danger Zone", and "Real Thing" are hidden gems of the album. I personally think that "Real Thing" is the best song on the album..RIGHT AFTER "Cool"! The only bad fillers on the album are "Bubblegum Electric" (...I still have no clue what that song's about) and "We've Got A Long Way To Go", which is a very, very, very disturbing song...very disturbing. =P And neither one of those songs are unbearable, I just wish they...made a little more sense. I definitly don't like the lyrics of the music on Gwen's solos. They make little sense, and some are very...interesting/disgusting/weird (*cough* Hollaback Girl *cough*). This album is definitly worth the buy! Sorry, Madonna, move over! There's a new Queen in town!!