All parent member reviews for "LoveGame" (CD single)

Adult Written byCkmj824 March 27, 2010

Teens

"Love Game" as the song title is referring to sex, and "disco stick" is referring to the part of a man. She says "got my a** squeezed by sexy cupid" and "just wanna touch you for a minute", "I'm educated in sex" I would not let your child listen to this music if you want your child thinking about these things.
Parent of a 11 and 19 year old Written byrainydayqueen August 28, 2009

Great beats,funny lyrics but very dirty and sexual

I usually like Lady Gaga's music and i like this song too it's got a good beat and it's funny but the lyrics are very sexual like "I wanna take a ride on your disco stick/don't think too much just bust that stick/got my a-- squeezed by sexy cupid guess he wants to play a love game/hold me love me just wanna touch you for a minute/i'm on a mission and it involves some heavy touching/i'm educacated in sex yes and now i want it bad want it bad i love game/always starts the same with a boy and a girl and a ....... and a game are a bit worrisome but it is good for dancing.But if you think the song is bad you haven't the music video
Adult Written bytwilightkilla March 19, 2010

title below.

There a lot of controversy over these type of music not being appropriate, no one cares about musicians through'n this type of music out unless it's pop. pop as in the majority. ya language is something that can be used with emotions and you won't become a devil worshiper. Now sex and drugs all depend on what there for. ya anti-sex, anti-drug but I'm talking about hey sex is something that isn't a bad thing when it's true. If a song has a story of how a guy/girl gets sexual active or wants to it all depends on the reason. Oh hey I'm lady goo-goo ga-ga I wana take a ride on ur disco stick because ur worth try'n and I'm horny oh and I'm not being sarcastic or parodying. That is were I would say were the bad is. Should it not be herd? I would say it is full of awareness but do "the kid" know that? Depends on how "good" of a parent you are. Your the reader; take what you think is best for whoever you're reading this for and do whatever you think would be the best. And I'm 15 you get more adult concerns if you say you're an adult(The positive concern depends on what you are).
Educator and Parent of a 9 year old Written bywillowfaierie July 2, 2009

I heard it on 95.5 and the a-word wasn't edited. Her "disco stick" is actually a glow stick that she brings with her for use in live concerts.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 September 26, 2009

very bad. What was lady gaga thinking?!

very bad and inapropreite song!!
Adult Written byvicky92 September 14, 2009

unless your kids are still immature to not know that "taking a ride on your disco stick" is no big deal, it's probably nothing they havn't heard before in this day in age. The music video is worse than the song, although really awsome...for me anyway.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bytealsweety July 16, 2009

Adult Written byTom_Gamer_Tom July 11, 2010

Its probably the most mature GaGa song.

Lady gaga has taken the world by storm obviously. Love games even by the name of the song is going to be mature. "I wanna take a ride on your disco stick" Is the most mature lyric in there. Because if you are old enough you will understand what It means to be honest. There are a lot of other mature lyrics. "I'm on a mission, It involves some heavy touching" Its the most mature GaGa song.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byGinah December 2, 2009

Great song just not great for kiddos

This is the only song by her that I like. However, I do not let my 14yr old listen to it. She dosent seem to "get it" just yet but shes almost there. Way to many sexual comments for the impressionable tweens.
Parent of a 7, 10, and 11 year old Written byMPerfection October 4, 2009

Catchy tunes but not for my lil' nuggets ears.

It's hard not liking the beat but it's not something I like my 11 year old daughter listening to. I tell her that, "that Gaga chick has got some innappropriate stuff in her songs." I now call her "Lady Caca" :)
Parent of a 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, and 16 year old Written bycabbe June 27, 2009

Very Catchy!

I love this song. Even thought it's rather dirty I find it suitable for my 12 year old. You really have to listen to the song to hear the messag and they only say the a word.
Parent Written byasjklas March 5, 2013

Although mild, the song does swear once and reference alcohol in the verses.

The editors need to kind of pay more attention to the hook of the song ("I wanna take a ride on your disco stick"). That's a blatant sexual metaphor. Not that the average tween or young teen wouldn't have knowledge of that, but it shouldn't be recommended for any younger than 15-16. Also, I'm surprised the song didn't get slapped with at least one star for both language (it does, in fact, say "ass") and that it mentions an alcoholic beverage in its second verse. Both not explicit, but should be mentioned. Musically, the song's catchy and infectious. The production's solid and the hook is irresistible for older teens and young adults. It's definitely a club thumper.
Parent of a 4, 7, and 9 year old Written byItsMyJob November 15, 2010

Parent of a 13 year old Written byohya August 7, 2010

non stop sexual references

Parent of a 8, 11, and 13 year old Written bylesjoh July 26, 2009

Give me a break

Give me a break....if this is the best she can come up with we need to find a better lyricist...