All member reviews for Make Believe

Whining isn't usually this much fun!

Kid, 12 years old March 20, 2015

Still good after all these years

I grew up on Weezer. I remember the moment I heard my first Weezer song. On the Muppets DVD, they had the music video for "Keep Fishin". I went crazy. This was the first Weezer album that I bought. I think I got it around 10-11. This album has no violence,Crap is the only bad word, and only mild innuendo. Even though I am more into rap now, I still remember that this album/band introduced me to just music in general.
Educator Written byMychemicalstinkpants February 24, 2011

the movie finder is all wrong

this is an great alubum

there was only one good song the rest stunk!! i hate this album
Adult Written byjoshrob1995 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bywhovian85 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byForknose April 9, 2008

The album we've all been waiting for

This is a good album. It is in no way Weezer's best but it is much better then the previous two efforts. The album starts with an amazing song. "Beverly Hills" is one of their best songs lyrically and different from anything they've released. "Perfect Situation" is a great pop song with a great openning solo. "This Is Such A Pity" is my personal favourate song on the album with it's electronic tint and sing-a-long ability. It's something new to their style. "Hold Me" is lyrically good but the acoustic demo is much better then the album version. "Peace" is like "Perfect Situation." A good pop song. "We Are All On Drugs" is the obvious next single. Nice pseudo-rapping, it's really a standout song. "The Damage to Your Heart" is another attempt at something new with the violins. It's another good song. "Pardon Me" is corny and one of the songs that brings the album down a bit. "Best Friend" is a little bit of experimentation with an organ. It'll probably be a single. An all right song but nothing to rave about. "The Other Way" isn't really anything to rave about either. "Freak Me Out" is great. Another personal favourite. It's something different which is good for Weezer. And "Haunt You Everyday" is a great ending. Overall, Weezer's third best album. Pinkerton and Blue Album are much better albums, albums that everyone should own. This album's experimentational aspects clean up the over poppiness and "emo"-ness of the rest of the album. They need to stop writing songs like "Pardon Me" and try more new things out in the new album. Replace the emo influences with a more indie sound. It's a good album though, and I'm not complaining. Just a bit of advice.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysirloinsteak911 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byWCD April 9, 2008

I went wild, this is sick

This band is so popular. I blast this music when everyones sleeping. I get in trouble, who cares. A live concert would be sweet.
Teen, 16 years old Written byFlip-flop April 9, 2008

Weezer Can Do So Much Better!

I love Weezer. I have to say that they are my favorite band. This album, however, is a terrible example of what they are capable of. These tracks are overproduced and tend to stumble at times. I agree with Forknose: Pinkerton and the Blue album are way better. If you want to know Weezer, buy those albums. While this album is still passable, it isn't great. Perhaps my standards are too high, but this is not the Weezer that I expected.
Adult Written bythasler April 9, 2008

Horrible Taste

Pathetic bilge like this is why Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, and Jimi Hendrix are some of the most popular groups for young adults. 'Nuff said
Teen, 16 years old Written bymnm92 April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written bywookiepie93 April 9, 2008
Teen, 16 years old Written byCurbspaget April 9, 2008

Not Their Best...

I'd say any of their other four albums are better than this. It just doesn't live up to their standards.
Adult Written bywhovian852 April 9, 2008

It's not bad

I'm listening to this for the first time in many months and it's not as bad I initially thought it was. When I first bought it I found it to very bland with a few exceptions but listening to it again it's still a little on the bland side but it's not a bad album by any means.