All parent member reviews for Make Believe

Educator Written byMychemicalstinkpants February 24, 2011

the movie finder is all wrong

this is an great alubum
Adult Written byjoshrob1995 April 9, 2008

Adult Written bywhovian85 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byForknose April 9, 2008

The album we've all been waiting for

This is a good album. It is in no way Weezer's best but it is much better then the previous two efforts. The album starts with an amazing song. "Beverly Hills" is one of their best songs lyrically and different from anything they've released. "Perfect Situation" is a great pop song with a great openning solo. "This Is Such A Pity" is my personal favourate song on the album with it's electronic tint and sing-a-long ability. It's something new to their style. "Hold Me" is lyrically good but the acoustic demo is much better then the album version. "Peace" is like "Perfect Situation." A good pop song. "We Are All On Drugs" is the obvious next single. Nice pseudo-rapping, it's really a standout song. "The Damage to Your Heart" is another attempt at something new with the violins. It's another good song. "Pardon Me" is corny and one of the songs that brings the album down a bit. "Best Friend" is a little bit of experimentation with an organ. It'll probably be a single. An all right song but nothing to rave about. "The Other Way" isn't really anything to rave about either. "Freak Me Out" is great. Another personal favourite. It's something different which is good for Weezer. And "Haunt You Everyday" is a great ending. Overall, Weezer's third best album. Pinkerton and Blue Album are much better albums, albums that everyone should own. This album's experimentational aspects clean up the over poppiness and "emo"-ness of the rest of the album. They need to stop writing songs like "Pardon Me" and try more new things out in the new album. Replace the emo influences with a more indie sound. It's a good album though, and I'm not complaining. Just a bit of advice.
Adult Written byWCD April 9, 2008

Adult Written bythasler April 9, 2008

Horrible Taste

Pathetic bilge like this is why Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, and Jimi Hendrix are some of the most popular groups for young adults. 'Nuff said
Adult Written bywhovian852 April 9, 2008

It's not bad

I'm listening to this for the first time in many months and it's not as bad I initially thought it was. When I first bought it I found it to very bland with a few exceptions but listening to it again it's still a little on the bland side but it's not a bad album by any means.