All teen and kid member reviews for "Make It Stop" (CD Single)

Teen, 13 years old Written byFlash17 November 19, 2011

Awesome!!!

Love Rise Against! They have such positive messages in their songs!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byaddie_love November 22, 2013

Great song with positive message

It's a good song but the message is what makes it so great. There isn't much inappropriate content to worry about but the mature subject matter (bullying, homosexuality, suicide) makes it a bit iffy for little kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byWhofan9 December 6, 2012

It is one of my favorite songs

Yes I am 11, but I listen to this music a lot. The band Rise Against are very positive role models for kids to watch. Instead of whining like Eminem, they make music for charity. The song is about how if you're gay, you should admit it, and it's great or kids to listen to. I freely listen to it with my littler sisters in the room, and it's a good song.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygeneral_zod May 25, 2015

Common Sense Media surprises me.

I like the song and the band. I think that the message of this song is particular is an important one. I thought the people on this website (most of whom seem very right wing) would just say "THESE PEOPLE ARE SOCIALISTS! I DON'T WANT THIS SOCIALIST FILTH TOUCHING MY CHILDREN! BLEEGUH!" I'm glad to see you guys are starting to grow some integrity. I don't see why the age is 15 though. The song doesn't swear, it mentions kissing and the most violent thing is " Bang, bang from the closet walls, The schoolhouse halls, The shotgun's loaded." Maybe these people think that if their kids learn about homosexuality they'll choose to become one. That seems like the sort of stupid move these people would make. Great song, awful website.
Teen, 15 years old Written byadtr_forever September 17, 2011

They have my support!

I just now listened to it for the first time, and I love it! It's great. The only curse word it has is the 'd' word, but only once! It mentions God (in a good way). <3