All member reviews for "Make Me Proud" (CD Single)

Some mature content and language, but positive message, too.

Written byAnonymous January 29, 2013

Explicit Version NC-17 and Edited Version is still an NC-17 so no.

Sex is 2 and Language is 3 = Not for kids. This song is bad even edited. The Edited Version The Language is 0 and Sex is 2 Ha. Sex stays in so this is not for kids Ether Way.
Teen, 16 years old Written bygofigure95 April 9, 2012

catchy!

Oh come on parents, believe it or not your beloved teenager also goes to high school which means that they hear these words and probably even say them too on a regular basis.
Teen, 13 years old Written byncarley12 October 9, 2012

Good Message

Really good song and teaches you that appearance isn't everything.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 July 6, 2012

make me proud cd single

Families can talk about the importance of choosing a girlfriend or boyfriend based on more than appearance. Why aren't good looks alone enough to sustain a relationship? If you had to choose one or the other, would you rather have a best friend or a gorgeous person you don't really click with as a romantic partner? Why?
Kid, 10 years old March 11, 2012

AWESOME SONG!!!

Love this song:) Sex: "double d up h*" Profanity: "sh*t" "hell" "f**k" "h*" "b*tch"
Kid, 11 years old January 13, 2012

LOOOOVE THIS SONG :D!

Well, pretty good message. But, on the other hand, there is a bit of suggestive language. In fact, I actually like this song because of the message! DUH! I mean, the language IS bad. They aren't really considered good roll models. Well, I read one of Drake's interviews in a magazine, I think he's.. Idk really. So and so. To cut to the chase, this song has good roll models, but suggestive language. That's why it's okay for kids 14+.
Parent of a 12, 14, and 14 year old Written byMammaMartine January 6, 2012

Wow - this only got a 3 for profanity

At my workplace, the mention of even one of these words has a legal term: sexual harrassment. And at my company, they mean business. So it's only a "3" for my beloved teenager? And I am struggling to see how these lyrics illustrate the importance of choosing a girlfriend or boyfriend based on more than appearance: "You're bad as f--k and you know you are" "P---y run everything, f--k that noise" "And I always ride slow when I'm straddlin' And my s---'s so wet you gotta paddle in" Wow. Just ... wow.
Teen, 16 years old Written bypurplekushh November 21, 2011

Five out or Five popcorn bags !

This song is beautiful. It shows women that there are men out there who actually seek brains + beauty. It shows the females that you don't have to just be some video h-- or some hottie with a dime piece body to catch a guys attention.