All member reviews for "Make Me Wanna Die" (CD single)

Desperate song from a Gossip Girl's band; too dark for kids.

Teen, 17 years old Written bytaymomsenfan March 26, 2011

good for teens not for kids!

love this song! very well written and taylor's vocals are AMAZING! i just wouldn't advise 11 year olds and under to tune in to any of the pretty reckless music. probably none of them probably wouldn't get it anyway!
Teen, 13 years old Written bynicole8808 October 9, 2011

Talented singer, amazing song

You know what I think? I think that kids of today NEED to be exposed to real music. Therefore, I think everyone should hear the Pretty Reckless. Taylor Momsen has talent that hasn't been squashed or autotuned, and even though she maybe isn't the best role model, she's definitely fearless and she does what she wants, which is admirable in its own way.
Teen, 17 years old Written bySynchronicity March 11, 2011

Great single from the best female-fronted grunge band since Hole - but NOT for kids

In this age of Autotune, where every other song is about dancing at a club, having unprotected sex, or drinking copious amounts of alcohol - or even all three - The Pretty Reckless are downright refreshing. At first, I couldn't believe that one of the lead actresses in Gossip Girl, Taylor Momsen, could lead a full-out grunge band. But I sucked it up, and I've ended up loving their music. A lot. On "Make Me Wanna Die", from the soundtrack to the exceptional film Kick-A**, as well as their album Light Me Up, the band starts with a reverse keyboard riff, then adds screeching guitars and a thrilling synthesized backbeat. And just a few seconds later, Taylor starts singing, and she does so extremely well, with a voice that echoes Courtney Love, Fiona Apple, Alanis Morissette, Janis Joplin and Joan Jett - all at the same time. The dark lyrics and hard-hitting production create an amazing single that would shoot up the charts in a perfect Ke$ha/Katy Perry/Britney Spears-free world. It already did in the UK, but no matter. It's just that The Pretty Reckless are one of the most amazing bands to come in quite some time. However, "Make Me Wanna Die" is a pretty iffy choice for most younger teens. It's at the receiving end of a destructive relationship, and the title gives away all you need to know about that. Overall, well, I don't have much else to say other than the fact that this song and album are the best to come along in years. Give this one a listen!
Teen, 14 years old Written byShaiBaby September 22, 2010

I love this band they're very straight forward and speak the truth sometimes
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana March 12, 2011

i love this song! one of my faves!
Kid, 12 years old February 1, 2012

Cool:)

Really amazing song, so good! Just erm don't watch the video if younger than 10...
Teen, 13 years old Written byFezesAreCool February 21, 2013

Violence, suicide and sex references in an amazing song, 11-12+

This is an amazing song but parents beware of the suicide references, that is in essence what this song is about. For example some of the lyrics are "You make me wanna die", "I'm burning in the light" and "I would die for you my love" so there are some iffy violence and suicide messages. The only sexual content is the line "Taste me, drink my soul, show me all the things that I shouldn't know" so not that bad. Apart from that iffy content amazing song.
Kid, 12 years old November 29, 2014

heavy metal style song is relatable and honest

I for one LOVE the pretty reckless, and this is one of their most popular songs. Although csm isn't wrong about the iffy messages, this song is just about being angry and jealous, and there's nothing wrong with that, in fact, we can all relate. There are some mild sexual references tho, and the cd cover is a little provocative (not the one that csm used), which is why I gave it a 10.