All member reviews for Master of Puppets

Harsh, loud, complex; probably best metal album of all time.

Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 July 6, 2012

master of puppets

Families can talk about why heavy metal in general, and Metallica on this album in particular, seem so angry. Do you think the lyrics of "Disposable Heroes" are still timely today? Are you familiar with Metallica's more recent work? Do you like this album better? Parents, if this was one of your favorites in the '80s, how do you explain what you loved about it to your kids?
Adult Written byCalpin April 12, 2013

Good thing

I will talk more about metal music in general. Metal music shall not be seen as the big demon to fight against. Metal music will never have a negative influence on a child. This music is full of violence, so we may think that it is something bad. It isn't. It gives power to the persons that understand it, it gives a sense of belonging and it gives the strength to carry on, to go over problems. Kids should avoid norvegian black metal musicians but apart of this, such a music can only be helpful. And master of puppets is pretty good.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjalo48 June 10, 2013

The Best Album by Metallica

Personally I love this album I have listened to this album a lot with my family we listen to their other albums with my brothers in the car hey enjoy the loud and fast pumping music but I am not sure they listen to the lyrics anyways for this album i would say 12 and up although any age would work as long as they know what the lyrics mean and not to say the swear or cuss words
Teen, 15 years old Written byThis is a scree... May 31, 2013

master of pupptets

what a lot of people dont realize, is that the title track is actually about alcohol addiction/abuse, or really any kind of addiction (but alcohol specifically, given james hetfields history with the stuff). the opening song battery, while being an amazing example of speed metal prowess (as well as having an amazing opening) is about someone with a psychological problem commiting battery on people. the only song on this album that has any swearing in it is damage inc. almost all the songs on the album are about not being in control of ones own life, be it due to addiction, war, insanity, rage and what have you. while its not the greatest speed metal album in existance (that goes to battalions of fear by blind guardian) in my opinion it certainly takes the title for 80s thrash.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycliffburtoncypresshi December 6, 2014

good album

I have been listening to metallica since I was 8. Some of their songs have violence and swearing, but as long as your kids know its just music, I think its fine. posibly the best band ever
Teen, 15 years old Written byAngelina98 May 1, 2014