All teen and kid member reviews for Master of Puppets

Teen, 13 years old Written bycliffburtoncypresshi December 6, 2014

good album

I have been listening to metallica since I was 8. Some of their songs have violence and swearing, but as long as your kids know its just music, I think its fine. posibly the best band ever
Teen, 14 years old Written byjalo48 June 10, 2013

The Best Album by Metallica

Personally I love this album I have listened to this album a lot with my family we listen to their other albums with my brothers in the car hey enjoy the loud and fast pumping music but I am not sure they listen to the lyrics anyways for this album i would say 12 and up although any age would work as long as they know what the lyrics mean and not to say the swear or cuss words
Teen, 14 years old Written bySmartScout January 15, 2016

One of Metallica's Best Albums

Master of Puppets is a masterpiece of catchy riffs, killer solos, aggressive vocals, and overall one of the greatest thrash metal albums of all time. Damage Inc. has several f - words, and Welcome Home(Sanitarium) Has the d-word, but besides that there is no language. Some songs such as Disposable Heroes, Sanitarium, and Damage Inc. are violent, but along with the entire albums the themes are forces that hold you down and oppress you like drugs, military, asylums, and fake priests, and though some songs have the person go along with this oppression, others are all about resisting it, even with violent, and even if there is no direct resistance in the lyrics of the song, you can tell Hetfield and the rest of the band are all angry about it. This album is a masterpiece of good themes, amazing thrash music, though, due to the swearing I would suggest it for mature 11 year olds or immature 13 year olds.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAngelina98 May 1, 2014
Teen, 15 years old Written byThis is a scree... May 31, 2013

master of pupptets

what a lot of people dont realize, is that the title track is actually about alcohol addiction/abuse, or really any kind of addiction (but alcohol specifically, given james hetfields history with the stuff). the opening song battery, while being an amazing example of speed metal prowess (as well as having an amazing opening) is about someone with a psychological problem commiting battery on people. the only song on this album that has any swearing in it is damage inc. almost all the songs on the album are about not being in control of ones own life, be it due to addiction, war, insanity, rage and what have you. while its not the greatest speed metal album in existance (that goes to battalions of fear by blind guardian) in my opinion it certainly takes the title for 80s thrash.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNicky0250 July 28, 2016

The Greatest Metal Album Of All Time!

Ah, Metallica. My favourite band they outdid themselves with this one, so much so that not even their self-titled release from 1991 "Metallica", more commonly known as "The Black Album" can top 1986's "Master Of Puppets". Each song was recorded and mastered to perfection. This is a must for anyone who calls themselves a metal fan (along with "Reign In Blood" by Slayer).
Teen, 13 years old Written byMusicLover01 May 7, 2016

Is it OK for your kid?

I think that "Master of Puppets" is honest.y fine for children of any age. There's a little bit of swearing, but I honestly don't think that's a problem. I LOVE Metallica, and their music is really good for beginner fans of metal. They're lighter than a lot of groups, but their music still has meaning. A lot of their music is anti-war (One, Back to the Front, or The Unforgiven), which is really good. The instrumentals are AMAZING, as are the sparse but astounding vocals. This album is truly qualitative music, and I recommend it to any who enjoy this genre of music. Hope this helped!
Teen, 17 years old Written byjwheaton13 October 11, 2015

A time-tested classic (1986)

Widely considered the best metal record of all time, Metallica's "Master of Puppets" is the gold standard when it comes to heavy music. Lyrics feature violence, fear, and social outrage, combined with pounding percussion,powerful palm-muted riffs, and wild solos. The lyrics will concern many a parent, but I would like to point out that the ideas featured are typical of testosterone-fused young men, if not a bit wise for the age group, as the album assails social injustices and explores painful, creative topics. This is music that actually says something, as compared to many modern popular artists, who focus on sex, butts, dances, and other shallow topics that really mean nothing at all. 14+ boys will love this music. I've been listening since age 13 and Metallica is still my favorite bands. As parents i would advise listening to the music yourself, giving it a chance, and as always, keep in mind that some kids are more mature than others. Some at 14 may be mature enough to handle it and some may not.